Thursday, September 15, 2005

Canceled plans and Philly freedom

I am waiting for my first bbq meal of the year to finish. I bought some hamburger meat and am going to engorge myself tonight. What better to do as the hamburgers cook on my George Forman lean-mean-outdoor-grillin' machine then blog?

For thouse of you who even knew, I have canceled my travel plans for NYC next weekend. I was planning on partying, seeing family and friends, but have decided not to. I don't know when i'll get back there. I've only been back home once since I moved to Raleigh. That time just turned out to be a miserable mess.

I don't miss NYC that much anymore. Sure I miss some places, certain people, but not enough to get my ass to the city. I had a woman ask me today why I like NC, or why I would reather be here than in NY. I find that I have just been calmer here. That I love my job and the friends that I am making very much. My first months here were spent having my emotions in an uproar on a consistant basis...check out my blogs from March, April and May for some insight.I am still considering going home in November at some point. We'll see.

I am going to my buddy Mike's wedding this weekend in Philadelphia. It should be a nice time. A little Nothern exposure may do me some good though.It will be good to see some old friends.

Any thoughts on love and marriage can be posted in the comments please.

7 Comments:

Blogger TD said...

This is for my mom, who hasn't figured out how to comment yet:

To me committed means that no matter what happens you work to make it work together. I don't know any one who has a perfect situation. You can't make anyone do what they can't or won't. Sure Dad and I are not perfect. We love each other imperfectly. Can't stand some things in each other.

Commitment is hard work. It changes constantly. Some times you feel love and other times you don't' at all.

You have to find your own way and your own meaning to life commitment. You will.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom,
I don't mean to be teacher's pet or hall monitor or whatever, but dude, check the dictionary...

I think you meant GORGE, not ENgorge...

Made me laugh out loud!!

Sorry if it's at your expense, I've developed quite a fondness for you over these posts!

;)

10:22 PM  
Blogger S* said...

*Gasp*! I thought I was gonna finally get to meet you in all your glory and now you're not coming? :(

I understand your fondness for NC. It's the one place where I feel totally calm. My family's in the middle of nowhere so you can drive for miles and see nothing but tobacco fields and pig farms! I love to get out of the car and stand at the side of the road and hear absolutely nothing but my own breathing.

9:06 AM  
Blogger TD said...

No, not coming. I'm sure you understand. Maybe some other time.

Yeah, NC is a great place.

9:11 AM  
Blogger TD said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence Nic. I would have thought that you would have thought the opposite about me. I suppose I misjudge what you are all about all the time. You know a lot about commitment also. In fact, I might actually wager to say that you know more about it than I ever will

8:04 PM  
Blogger WordWhiz said...

I won't presume to comment on the topic of marriage, since I've not proven very successful with that institution. Not to say I'd never try it again, but I won't begin to address the topic as though I had any unique insight.

Love, on the other hand, I could drone on about for hours, as I am currently in that state of being. Of course, it would bore the hell out of all your readers who might choose to boycott your site in sheer defiance. Therefore, I'll save my gushing for my blog and spare you the humiliation.

Have an AWESOME time at the wedding!!

2:24 PM  
Blogger S* said...

FYI, whenever I finally meet you...I'm gonna pinch you really hard, so consider yourself warned. Do you know what was on the front of my birthday card...no, not my name...SHASTERISK!

Good lord.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home