Thursday, August 25, 2005

Go Team Dowd!

So as it was proven this week by taking numerous online personality quizzes (laugh it up! I swear, I do have a life) money and possesions are low on my priority list. I don't want much out of this life. A family, a modest yet comfortable home, the best relationship possible with my spouse and maybe a nice Weber BBQ in my backyard. Not to much to ask. I am however now coveting something.

I want this



This is an Ovation 1778T Elite. I played one of these last week at Guitar Center while looking for fun toys to play with. I bought some Mallets and a slide. I will be damned if I did not think about putting this little puppy on my credit card. Something I definately don't need to do.

I thought about this thing all weekend. I am obsessed with owning it now. I have been playing at these Poker Night parties with such regularity that I now need a new instrument. Bertha (the guitar my godparnets bought me for my 16th birthday and one posession I would grab if my hose was on fire) is fine and she sounds okay. She just has too many buzzes along her neck and is not a professional instrument. I have decided that I am selling all of my bass equipment to buy this beyotch. I am in love! It has a built in tuner and electronics! Plays like a dream. Has all the qualities I love in Bertha, but without the shortcomings of a student grade, Korean made instrument.

With that in mind I would like to take this opportunity to remind you all that your faqvorite lovable Libra's 32nd B-day is right around the corner (October 2) . "Psssst....buy him the guitar" Kidding. I don't expect any one person to put in the cash nessesary to give a home to fine example of luthierian craftsmanship.

However I did have a thought. While we can't all have everything that we want, I figure that if we all pool our money at least one of us can! We could do this thing people! We're gonna be great together! I had 734 visitors on this blog over the last two months. I am thinking that if we all sent me one dollar for each time we looked at "Well In Dowd" I could have this guitar a lot sooner. Think about it. What is a dollar a day? We could all help Sally Struthers feed some ematiated kids, while she sat home eating cake and bon-bons.....lets all work together so the Dowd can achieve his dream of owning a professional quality acoustics.

Please make out your checks to:

Well In Dowd Inc.
745 Acoustic Way
New Guitarsville, NC 27609

Let's make this happen as a team people!

GO TEAM!

YEAH!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I want you to get that too so you can play for me! Good Lord, a man with an electric guitar is hot! I didn't know you played! I'm like all rawr.

Your tattoo post cracked me up. Dork. =P

6:26 AM  
Blogger heather said...

you say it's your birthday! duh-nu-nu-nu-nu-nuh! it's my birthday too, yeah! (well, a month later)

i think the money actually goes to fund sally struther's habit. look at her...she's always so strung out. just like the violent femmes say.

to hell with feeding the children. i'm sending a dollar to your real address as we speak. lol.

9:30 AM  
Blogger heather said...

okay, no, really...that tattoo picture is still freaking me out...can we not do something about that??

9:32 AM  
Blogger M said...

I've seen one like that at our Guitar Center. Dangerous place if you are trying not to spend money. I think in the last year we've spent $1500-$2000 there. Now we have all the equipment we need for a smallish gig. We love that store!!!

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know much about guitars but love the sound Godin guitars make... Especially when a master like Rik Emmett is playing...

love a man playing his guitar.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Set up a PayPal account and put up a donations button on your blog.

Tara

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home