Friday, May 19, 2006

"Pepper on that sir?"

I went out to eat a while ago. When I got my meal, the waiter casked if I wanted pepper. I hadn't even tasted the stuff yet. In my mind I was thinking "I don't know yet". Problem wwas, I knew that if I did not say yes, the waited would quickly turn and abscond with the pepper mill, not to return until it was tome to ask me how everything was. That time usually comes once I am deep into my meal and long past pepper time.

Shouldn't the time for the pepper question be about 5-10 minutes into the meal? This way you can actually determine if you want pepper on your food. Just a thought.A least a few bites? How can I decide without tasting?!?! Seems ridiculous to me.

In other news, I couldn't find a picture of a waiter grinding pepper in an effort to make this post a little bit more fun. I searched google and found this. Interesting stuff. There are a lot of pepper mills out there.

Lastly, Wellindowd will be taking another brief hiatus while I take a well earned and much needed vacation. I will be back shortly. Take some time and go through a bit of the history of this site. You'll find a month by month listing of my life on blog over the last few years. Some funny, some sad and some just downright weird. Enjoy and please feel free to ask me questions/let me know qhat you thought.

Later Ya'll
Tom
Tar Heel of the Year

5 Comments:

Blogger WordWhiz said...

Enjoy your vacation! Carry your own pepper!!

6:22 AM  
Blogger M said...

I have a lovely pepper mill that I like to use whilst cooking.

So do they underseason your meal to give the waitstaff something to do??? That would NEVER fly on 'Top Chef'.

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate the way they stand poised over your food, ready to grind at a moment's notice... "tell me when to stop" they say.

Oh wait... that kind of sounded sexual...

9:16 AM  
Blogger Laura Lee said...

Yeah...like the Peppermill Hotel and resort...she doesnt look like she grinds "pepper" IF ya know what I mean...

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home