Sunday, March 27, 2005

Verbal

Many of you probably scratched your head at me on Saturday night when Joey and I settled upon an immature little in joke. The Verbal:Bouch-waaa. It is infinitely funnier in person, especially (and maybe only) if your name happens to be Tom, Joey or Mike. To most others it sounds like poor English, or mumbo jumbo.I decided to share it with all the loved ones on my cell phone contact list, excluding my folks, other various family/business associates and people with land lines. We were down at 151. Drinking for free, or at least next to nothing. Always good when the bartenders buy back every other round. I just wanted to spread the surreal. Lind of like answering the phone when someone calls you and saying "Hi, I'd like to order a large pie with Pepperoni and mushrooms. Do you deliver?" (Try it , it's fun). I was just having a little fun with all of you.

We had been talking about Mike Meltzer.Joe's cousin and a longtime friend of mine. He has pissed us both off, had our backs and used to throw Jack Daniels on me with regularity.The place we were hanging at holds a lot of memories.

The verbal (What saying bouch-waaa is known as to more grounded and sane people) has been around for at least 15 years to my knowledge. It was when I came back onto the scene in 1988 after getting kicked out of one high school, transfering to another one and not seeing Joey for two years. It was mainly used to end conversations, make somebody's life seem a little more surreal, or just have fun with them. The text you all recieved was of the latter ilk. Went like this-

"Can you please stop the drinking and calm down?"
"Bouch-waa"
"Huh?"

It was often used with various women at bars. Always a fun way to go.It was the answer for all unanswerable questions.

"So do you think Tommy likes my friend Joe?"
"Bouch-waa"
"What did you say?"
"Bouch-waa"
(a look of confusion would set in at this point)

Last night we were laughing so hard, and I, in a Jaegermeister and Bass ale fueled rage, decided to text all of you. haha. In jokes don't usually translate well to outsiders. I am sure this was the case last night. Some of the best responses are listed below.

Mike Meltzer-Who dare verbal me? (Mike was the creator of this made up word, along with our pal Ray Bondeen)
Dave-Wha?
Rae (Who called me)-What the fuck does that mean dude? I laughed and told her I was loaded. She said she noticed and promised to dedicate a song to me at Karaoke.
Kelvin-:) get some while u r home! (maybe the most bizarre response. good, considering what I did made no sense. I guess I will try Kel)

151 was the spot. It's this great rock and roll bar on the lower east side. It's like hanging out on the rim of hell, a very stylish rim of hell. I have been there at times till 6am. Drinking and watching all sorts of stuff go on around me. Things I never thought I would see. Heck, I've been part of it. Last night was no different. Joe and I were there early and talked about a lot of the shit that I have been going through. He reminded me of a couple things that I sometimes forget. One, that I used to be nicknamed M.I.A. as in "Where has Tommy been for the last 5 days" "I don't know man, M.I.A. again". He also said that I was always the "fuck it" guy. Try anything once. Whenever there was something new to try, I was first in line. Clubs, going places, dangerous activities. He also reminded me to let things roll off. I used to do that pretty well. I am going to start again.

Talked a lot about women. They will drive you nuts, and then you swear them off for a while, and then you go back. The cycle. After breaking up with one person recently and still being in limbo with my marriage, I am ready to just be alone for a while. I think I may date a little bit, but no serious relationships for a while. I've been so exhausted just trying to wrap my mind around all of my relationship woes, that I am done. I need to be alone and work on myself. I realized this year that I do want to have a family and a good relationship someday, with a woman who respects me and loves me and vice versa. I never thought in my life I would be at that point.

I played Joey the two song demo I did before I left. He said he liked it and that I was always a good songwriter. Once I get back down to N.C. I am going to start playing the open mic nights. I have been thinking about it for a while. My last two weeks in Raleigh were pretty much spent sitting in my hotel room. I am not going to do that in my new apartment.

Singing, drinking, breakfasting at the Odessa diner at 3 a.m. and cabbing it home. Joey's GF Michelle met up with us. She and Joe were having a little tiff and I was caught in the middle. Problem was Joe and I were beyond reason at this point and were well into Tom and Joe curse-speak, which is just bad for anyone.

Michelle-"So why didn't you wait at 151?"
Joe-"We were there for what?Tommy, fuckin 6 hours"
Tom-"We got there about fuckin 9:30 or some shit. So more like 5"
Michelle-but you knew I was coming
Joey_"Ugh. Tommy, whad I tell you? Violation!"
Tommy-"You and fucking violation. Like fuckin Pee-wee Herman waiting for Chairy to start sprinkling goddamned confetti"
Joey"hahaha"
Michelle-"So you're gonna side with him Tommy?"
Tommy-"Gotta be fucking kidding me. I'm fucking Switzerland over here. Just fucking staying neutral and eating my corn beef hash and eggs like any neutral country."
Michelle-"you're not neutral"
Tommy-"Just eating my fucking eggs, my fucking hash browns and my fucking toast. Which wasn't fucking buttered by the way. Why the fuck wouldn't you butter the goddamned toast?"
Joey-They never butter the toast at this fucking place."

Now, just in case that doesn't make Michelle look good, it was all kinda fun and funny, no real anger or aggravation. So, lots of cursing. Lots of chilling, lots of fun. So many good fucking songs played last night too. Joe and I gave the car a drunken rendition of "Little Dreamer", good stuff. BTW a note from earlier in the evening. I think David Lee Roth might be gay. Older, single, have not once heard of him dating anyone. He was a big enough start at one point that you would have heard that.Joey disagreed. I think he was a fruit.

The cab ride home was a blur. Good times.

Songs of the day (or night as it were)
Little Dreamer-Van Halen
You're Crazy-Guns and Roses
Dr. Love-Kiss
We Want The Airwaves-Ramones
To Young to Fall in Love-Motley Crue
For Whom the Bell Tolls-Metallica
Unchained-Van Halen
American Girl-Tom Petty
I'm looking Through You-The Beatles

Phrase of the day-Violation (Joe was saying it all night. His new favorite word I think)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dude- you're dumb. BTW guess what? That freaking Karaoke bar didn't have Me and Bobby McGee. In fact, what I didn't know until we got there was that they have about 500 songs in Korean and 80 in English (Engrishee). Brian and I sang almost every one in English they had. They had "Eensie Weensie Spider" but no Janis. Jankedy dude.

Glad you had a good time. Miss you!!

(Foul mouth my ass I didn't even swear once in that!)

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home