Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I'm outta here!

I am so sick and tired of this hotel room. These four walls are starting to really drive me nuts. I'm hoping to have a good weekend and then get back to New York.

So on better notes! Today was absolutely beautiful. Sunny and perfect! Song of the day has my new favorite song. I bought Ozomatli's "Street Signs" today. Unreal how Good his band is and how much they have progressed musically. Now I don't speak Spanish. Well, not well. I can speak barely passable Spanish if I am immersed in it for a week or so. Pretty cool when that has happened. I can by the end of a week say things in Spanish like "We want to travel to the bar in playa del carmen and has people like to dance". Pretty messed up. That actually doesn't do justice to my total butchering of their language. I think they all just smiled at the American that tipped like a New Yorker.

When I got Ozo's first album a few years ago I was listening to it at Pearl and asked one of the warehouse guys what one of the song titles meant.

"Hey Lisandro, what does "Como Vez" mean?"
"Como Vez ?"
"Yeah"
"What the f**k? Let me see that CD"
"Well....."
"Man that means something like "What it be? It's like ghetto Spanish"

Okay dude. And this man was street! I knew that Ozomatli was hardcore and that I was one cutting edge white boy!


So Dave took the time to hang and talk to me tonight. He is the genius who helped me to get these pics onto my blog.Therefore, my baby brother gets the first pic. He had housed my phone and took this of himself.Much better than an ass pic.

THIS PICTURE WAS REMOVED FOR BEING TOO DAMN BIG!

So without further ado, allow me to introduce you to my new pad. The Dowd-hollow as it were.Better names for my cool new pad will be appreciated.

My front door. Check out the mosaic tiling on the floor!


Living room-Just to the left (right as we're looking at it)


Kitchen-To the right (our left)


this place is killer and I can't wait to move in!

So words of wisdom from the Big Dave-
On being alone-
davidjdowd: I can understand that
davidjdowd: no one likes to be alone
davidjdowd: well most people dont anyway
davidjdowd: you a good looking guy who has a good personality
davidjdowd: who cares if you smell a little every now and then
davidjdowd: I'm sure you can find someone right for you
davidjdowd: who can look past your stink

On Drinking-
neaslures: do you have any beer?
davidjdowd: no
davidjdowd: I have some Irish cream
davidjdowd: I could have a cordial
neaslures: nice
davidjdowd: drinking cordials are only gay if you have a dick in your other hand
neaslures: okay, restart, make your cordial and I will be back in two shakes
davidjdowd: that isn't your own
neaslures: hahaha
davidjdowd: its not gay if its you dick
neaslures: wisdom of a master
davidjdowd: ok

On my trip to Vegas-
davidjdowd: nice
davidjdowd: what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas
davidjdowd: unless you kill a hooker

On getting Married-
davidjdowd: and if we leave that Thursday the 30th we would not be able to get married until the wendsday and then have to leave on the Thursday
davidjdowd: I want to have a fucking date already
davidjdowd: I'm beginning that they try to make it hard to get married in Mexico just so they know you really want it
davidjdowd: like when monks would make new disciples sit outside the wall with out food and drink

I often find myself wondering who is the older brother. Dave you can be the best man at my next wedding also. You're the best, not to mention the funnier brother.

Later Gators

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Next wedding? Are you kidding me? Who's the the sorry ass bitch? Wait, I mean- I'm so happy that you are still able to consider a life term-uh commitment to someone-anyone for that matter. Ha!! Marriage is overrated. Unless of course you do it to gain citizenship. Green Cards are cool (so says my boyfriend Brian, I'm still checking to make sure he has citizenship though.) I think your new place looks like you'll get laid-as long as you decorate appropriately-which means-leave it alone, don't hang any pics or have silk flowers-less is more dude.

2:25 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Rae's right. The color scheme rules in that joint. Get a bunch of booze and build yourself a bar, and then put big fluffy pillows on the floor. Then chicks will come to your place because they'll think you're gay and harmless. Chicks dig gay guys. Then you can grab their boobies and then have wild monkey sex with them. Then they'll know you're a) not gay or 2) faking it (which will get more hot chicks to come to your homo-pad). Then, either way you win. Good luck!

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice place. It's amazing what you can get outside of NYC for a fraction of the price.
Tara

4:11 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

You like Ozomatli- you rock! I used to promote that band back in '98 when I interned for Universal....I'm impressed Mr. Dowd

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home