Sunday, March 06, 2005

Mojo workin' in the time of trial, mojo working wit my Raleigh style!

So I went out with my first Raleigh bud of the female persuasion. Went to a place near my hotel, basically because I have no sense of direction getting around. We had met Saturday night at a bar downtown. Her name was Raewyn, cool name. She was from New Zealand and had this weird "down under" meets "y'all" accent which was interesting. Had a good time. She invited me to go to see Elton John on Wednesday night.

I have been talking to everyone that I can when I go out and that has been serving me well. I went to this place called Kings on Saturday night.It has been the one spot I have been to more than once. So on Saturday night I walk in and there is a birthday party going on. I just started shooting some pool and talking to people. Told them that I was new to town. There were no shortage of people who were offering up ideas on neighborhoods and places to go. Tommy got his Mojo working in the time of trial. I mean, I don't know what it is but I got something going on down here that people are really picking up on. It feels good.

Yesterday I was hurting pretty bad, feeling pretty lonely and tried calling just about everyone in creation. Those of you who got back to me, thank you. I really appreciated the support.

So I have one friend who is going through a breakup and is having a hard time of it. We've spoken numerous times and I just wanted to address some things to them about the situation though I know this will only not be that much fun for all of you to read. You may scroll past the blue highlighted stuff to the end of this post.

1-Yes. It does suck when someone gives you some ridiculous reason for not wanting to be with you anymore
2-Be thankful you never had a chance to become more invested. A blessing in disguise.
3-You are a fantastic person. (God now I am sounding like a mom, but I mean it!)
4-Like you said...why are you fretting? (I mean we both know why, but you said it) You are worth so much more! Someone will come along your way who will treat you with love and respect. You will not be the only one giving when that happens. It will be honest and true. You are smart, funny and treat people well. (I know it hurts anyway)
5-Get yourself a good strong emotional retard repellent. I think the ones with DEET in them work best.
6-I still say that you should do that thing that we talked about which you said you shouldn't do because it wasn't the right time and that you didn't have it in you. IT WILL HELP! I STLL BELIEVE THIS! hahahaha.

So after that side note from our sponsor The Heartache Society of America,I would like to leave you with a pretty funny note. I have noticed that everything in Raleigh, ever answer, takes a story.
For example-
Yankee asking question-"Hey, can I throw this box out? Is it garbage?"
Carolinian-"You wanna know about them there boxes? Let me tell you. You see..... (there is always a long pause after "you see" as if to let it sink in. If they didn't wait, I might not "see". Meanwhile, all I think in that momentary pause is that I am going to have to sit through another fucking story to get an answer to a yes or no question.) these shelves.....we used to have them in the front....up by the registers and they held the books....Well, what happened wuz...."
Yankee-*thinking-"Oh fuck! Please someone shoot me"
Carolinian-"when they moved the books, these we busted and we broght them back here to store."
Yankee-Thinking-"YES OR NO!?!?!?!?!" (and I wasn't singing that to myself like the throaty girl in "Paradise by the Dashboard Light. Nor do I look like Meatloaf thank god!)
Carolinian-"and then they just kind of satyed here for the last few monthes whle we..."
Yankee-seeing his opening and needing to have a resolution "So it's garbage?"
Carolinian-"Well...."
Yankee-"Okay, we're gonna throw it out then"

Holy shit! whew. Love this place. It's also going to make me a ton of money. I have noticed that no one locks their fucking car doors down here. I've taken to trying the dorrs on the cars parked next to me in the strip mall (and everything is in a strip mall) Anyone that needs a car stereo, CD's or anyhting else. Let me know.I'm taking goddamned orders. Like shooting fish in a barrel. I should have no trouble getting you Nascar hats and confederate flag paraphenalia either. As a New Yorker, I feel it is my duty to rob these mother fuckers blind.

So a few questions for my commenters (which I have been loving btw)

1)Should I go to this Elton Concert?
2)For those of you who stuck with me through the forbiden forest of heartache any advice for them that I missed? ( I think you can all gather enough about the situation. Ever been mistreated by someone you loved?)
3)What do you most want from a hillbilly car?
4)Finish this sentance- The best thing about Tom is.....

hahaha. I had to sneak that one in there.Hey, I need a pick me up. Be nice, I've had a rough week and need to hear some good things.don't let me down now.

Love and kisses, Hillbilly Wishes

Raleigh Tommy

Phrase of the day- "Emotional Retard"


7 Comments:

Blogger Nikki W*j*hn said...

1)YES go to the Elton John Concert.

2)Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

3)What do I want from a hillbilly car? Jimmie Johnson (NASCAR driver; car #48; sponsor: Lowe's) baseball hat.

4)Best about Tom? You have a big heart and have feelings like a chick. (I mean this as a compliment) Guys who are passionate are the best.
Oh... and, you're tall. ;)

3:31 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Well, thanks Nikki. I am not sure how I feel about the "chick" comment. I am scared that you knew the whole NASCAR thing. I don't get it. it's a bunch of left turns puntuated by some crazh ups. I'll see if I can nab you one baby.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

1) Yes, go see Elton John

2) Time heals all wounds

3) I want a big, wide flatbed in the back so I can have a little fun, I mean, so I can move a lot of stuff easily

4) Best thing about Tom is you are extremely thoughtful, witty and very passionate- aww shoot, you are just a cutie pie.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

1) Yes, go.

2) A significant other shouldn't make you happy, they should make your happier.

3) I want a Rebel flag. I'm all against the whole idea of sanctifying an age where racism was the highest virtue, but damn if I don't love the Dukes of Hazzard.

4) Your tall, but not too tall. Somehow, you don't come across as a freak like Dave, though I'm sure you two are within a half inch of each other.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Bina Simon said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
skip bin hire brisbane
hire a skip bin near me

6:56 AM  
Blogger yahya said...

Thanks for sharingNice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff.. concrete bricks waste removal

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home