Friday, April 29, 2005

Rah-Rah-Ri-Ra

I feel like I should follow that title up with "Ruh-ro Rahaggy" in my best Scooby-doo voice. Last night I worked till about 9 p.m. and then went downtown to a bar called Ri-Ra. Such a good time. There was a contingent of girls handing out New Castle beer paraphanelia. So after chatting with one of them for a while I recieved a free tshirt which cracked me up. "for bitter taste, drink with ex-girlfriend" was the tagline. So the girl who was handing out the stuff came up to me towards the end of the night and hands me a box. She says "I want to give you the grand prize for being the nicest guy in the bar". Now ladies, you should always announce what the prize is, we men have very fertile imaginations. haha. Turns out it was a Newcastle pen with a memory stick for your computer hiddin in the end of it! Not that I need this thing, but damn is that cool! A new gadget.

There was this great cover band playing. Just a guitarist and vocalist. I am going to attach three songs to songs of the day which they played. I am going to avoid the Charlie Daniels song (and forgive them for even going there) because it was just an assault on my auditory faculties. What is the name of that crap anyhow, you know, the one with the banjo player who fights the devil with his banjo playin' skills? Funny how you can hear songs so many times and then hear the lyrics, I mean, really HEAR the lyrics, for the first time. Such good times.

So after dancing witha grade school teacher, being asked if I would like to touch a waitresses ass (mind you she didn't work there, but at another bar. She just wanted to know if I wanted to touch her ass. I thought "well......yes" and poitely declined her generous offer) I drove home to my humble abode and thought that I had a pretty damn good day, but that I could not go to yoga today under any circumstances. (100 degree heat and a night of drinking does not mix well at all)

A question- Why is it that women would approach me when I am unshaven, in dirty clothes, tired from 12 hours at work and wearing sneakers, and not looking to pick anyone up or hook up in any way?

Songs of the night-
Blues Traveler-Runaround

Green Day- Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

Elton John-Tiny Dancer (So this one spurred on my thoughts about listening to a song for the first time the 100th time that you hear it. This woman asks me, when she notices that I am singing along word for word, what this song means. Now I may have been drunk, but without missing a beat I say, "it's about love that is good and calm, but not quite perfect and won't work out....um, I think". Anyone else have thoughts on what this one is about?)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

Women approach you after being dirty, working 12 hrs., etc. because you WEREN'T looking for it....it's always when you are just hanging out, being yourself, enjoying the moment and not worried about the opposite sex that they come out of the woodwork and are on you like white on rice. You are a pimp!

11:23 AM  
Blogger TD said...

hahahahaha. That cracked me up. I am no pimp, that's for sure! But thanks! I guess that's how it does work.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Ah, the Devil Went Down to Georgia... I play that song whenever I find myself near a jukebox and in the company of my friend Georgia.

And it's a fiddle, not a banjo, how can you not love that song?

"The devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat. And he laid that golden fiddle
on the ground at Johnny's feet. Johnny said, "Devil, just come on back if you ever want to try
again. 'Cause I told you once, you son of a BITCH, I'm the best that's ever been." "

Great lyrics...

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home