Thursday, April 14, 2005

....and boy are my arms tired

So I went rock wall climbing today. I had forgotten what a workout it can be. My arms are like big wet noodles right now. Of course, instead of resting them, I have decided to blog about it.

So I find this place online and I get out there today. Since I am alone, I need to get one of the kids to belay for me. The belayer is the guy that holds the other end of the rope as you climb the wall. Basically, your life is in their hands. My belayer 16 year old "Holt" was a nice enough kid. Now, remember, my life is in this kids hands. I am hoping that the only thing he has in common with me at 16 is the long hair growing on his head, because under no circumstances should I ever have been responsible for anyone else's safety.

The Climbing itself was fine. Holt was helpful. My arms got really tired, really fast. I haven't done this in a couple years. Anyhow, Holt kept doing stuff that kind of annoyed me when all I wanted to do was rest my arms. "Dude, grab for that rock" to which I am thinking "what rock?" Give me a direction please Mr. I Need Zit Cream. Left, Right, up, down. These are all directions. Help me out here kid! And then, he kept wanting to "Show" me" How to scale a particularly difficult area. He would hop on the wall and then scale it with only his arms. The little fuck! Actually, he was a cool young guy and was very helpful.

When I was sixteen I was a brash, obnoxious long haired rock and roller who covered up his inherant geekiness with heavy metal t-shirts and leather jackets.

Songs of the day-
Learning to Fly-Tom Petty&The Heartbreakers (A truly great song)
Time to Move On-Tom Petty&The Heartbreakers
http://www.lyricsondemand.com/t/tompettyandtheheartbreakerslyrics/wildflowerslyrics.html-Tom Petty
http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/totalchaos/borntolose.html-Johnny Thunders&the Heartbreakers ( guess someone else covered this. Thunders version rules!)

Quote of the day- "You've got to constantly reinvest your enthusiasm for livin' large, marge, so large you need a barge!" -David Lee Roth (for Laura Lee)

See Y'all later

P.S. I'd like to invite everyone to check out The Holly Blog Dave's favorite lady has joined the fray.

2 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

glad you finally went climbing, i know you've been meaning to do it for a while now. i'd say massage your arms, but that would require arm strength, and well...defeat the purpose.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wuss

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home