Friday, April 08, 2005

Fly like the wind Stevie, Fly like the wind

Whew. My looooongest day yet in Raleigh. We started
the store redesign today and I was on the go from
10:30 a.m. till about 8:00 p.m. . I was invited out
for dinner and drinks afterwards and of course took
advantage of it. Got home at about 10 till ten. Of
course That doesn't sound like a rough day. I have had
worse (see:Pearl inventory or Kate's paperie Christmas
time. All in all though it was a great one. I had
these great conversations and was really happy about
it.

First was someone telling me, having moved here
himself, that I won't be truly happy until I let go of
New York and move on. Embrace life here and forget who
I was there. Pretty cool eh? I know that part of me
has definatrely been hanging on to New York.

the second was all about the industry I work in. how
things are shaping up and what they esee as my future.
I can only hope thatt the future looks that bright.

The third was with Stevie. Somehow, once in a while I
get damn lucent (does that make sense? I've been out
drinking) and give some really sound advice. You need
to catch me when the moment is right, but tonight I
was a regular drunken Tony Robbins. hahaha. Cept
without the Chicklet teeth and I am only 6'5". not
many times you will hear "only" and 6'5" in the same
sentance. Highlights?

Life is a set of glass balls you are juggling, family,
love, freinds, health....these are all glass balls.
You can't afford to drop any of them. There is one
rubber ball however, that is employment. That ball can
be dropped and will bounce back up to you. Work is
there for those that want it.

"Yay............ the Great plenum!" (good advice,
think about it)

"Someone once told me that you never really know
yourself until you go somewhere you know nothing about
and do it one your own."

"Fly like the wind Stevie, fly like the wind. That
makes no sense, but fuck it....FLY....LIKE....THE
WIND!"

So that was my fun evening. I also wanted to mention
that I saw the most fabulous sunset today. Have you
ever just stopped and watched? The Sun setting over
the trees. A peach-coloerd hue to everything around
you. Golds, blues, violets, reds and pinks swarming
tosgether in the most beautiful ways. The sunbeams
peeking out through the clouds making it seem like
just a little bit of heaven has landed on earth for
you to watch. That's what I saw today folks on my way
out of the Holley Park shopping center and It was
fantastic. Made me wish I could rip down the buildings
and strip malls see it all untouched by human hands.

So I am being lazy on the spell check here. Though
errors on my blog are no surprise, hope you all
enjoyed yourself reading this.

See Y'all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home