Tuesday, April 12, 2005

My power is discombobulatingly devastating

So I heard this guy on the radio telling the story of how he met Mike Tyson. He told Mike that he was working on a book about another champ from Brooklyn who shocked the world. Mike said "Oh yeah? Who?" The reporter said "Bobby Fisher" Mike said "Yoooooo, that guy's crazy!' This made me crack up. This is coming from a guy who has tried to bite off someone else's ear, went to jail for rape and beat his ex-wife! So I found a page that had Mike's best quotes posted. I decided to share a few with y'all.

On Lennox Lewis

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"



Thoughts: I love the Praise be to Allah! I think maybe he missed the point in his jail house Islam classes.

On His Childhood

"One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like a infantile retard."


Thoughts:I'm thinking maybe that is not such a jewel of a childhood memory. Is it just me or is there just a little bit of glee behind "infantile retard"? And isn't that an oxymoron?

On Boxing

" I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm."


Thoughts:That is just scary.

And Finally.......

“[He] called me a ‘rapist’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.”


that kind of reminded me of Han Solo's "Who's scruffy lookin?" line in ESB. Just missing the point Mike!

Well, that's all for now folks. Have any fun things to share? Share em'

BTW, the title of this post comes from a M.T. Quote.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Lee said...

Oh man...SUPERB BLOG Tommy Boy! Man, between MT and David Lee Roth, we would never run out of nutty things to talk about eh?

Here are my favorites (for obvious reasons):

"I think the average person thinks I'm a f**king nut and I deserve whatever happens to me. That's what I believe."

"When you see me smash somebody's skull, you enjoy it."

Yes Mike....YES I DO. ;)

4:06 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I find Mike Tyson's voice extremely sexy.....

1:22 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Hahaha. Thanks all. I thought it was hillarious. Glad you did too.

Lee-DLR. OMG! I didn't even think of that. Gonna do it!

Linz-You might want to see someone about that. A thing for high squeaky voices can be hazardous. Just ask Robin, whatever her name was, who married the guy.hahaha.

Nic-I thought of that exact quote when writing the blog. It was one of my Favs also.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home