Sunday, April 03, 2005

Start spreading the news..........

This will be my final post from NYC for quite a while. Tonight I start my life in Raleigh in earnest. Apartment, job, kitchen. Everything in place and no more transient life style. I find myself ratfer sad, but also pretty hopeful for the future. I will miss this place and very many people. I am happy that I begin a new life today though.It's sad that my NYC run is over for the time being, but instead of feeling down thtat the end is here, I am going to try to be more like Erin Grey at the end of Dirty Dancing....running down the aisle and jumping into a swan pose. I just wanted a reason to put that image in all of your heads.

I would like to commend Pope John Paul II for a comendable job as the pontiff. I would also like to point out that in a time of hidh turnover rates and low job security, this man kept his job for 26 years! An amirable thing.

I hope to hear from all of you. Comment when you read, if you can. I know many of you are reading, you tell me. My apartment door is also open to anyone who wants to check out N.C.

See Y'all on the other side

Songs of the day
Time of My Life-Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes (haha, couldn't resist. I heard this as I was buying coffee this morning.)
New York, New York-Frank Sinatra
When Will I see You Again?-Three Degrees(this link has some plesant little nintendo sounding music)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Yesterday I was in my car and on PLJ, which is known for the occasional soft rock anyway, but this took the cake, I heard "Dust in the Wind."

Now, the funny part is, I will forever now think of Blue's funeral burial scene in Old School when I hear that song.

We'll miss ya Blue, you were my Big Dog... -snif-

10:49 AM  
Blogger Laura Lee said...

Best of luck to you kiddo (I know you hate it when I call you that, hence my usage) ;)

You are an inspiration to all :)

Drop me a line when you're settled.

LL

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home