Tuesday, June 21, 2005

How pleasant is it to be rocked like a hurricane!

This was, without a doubt, one of the coolest, most bizarre (at times), unexpected weekends of my life. I just realized that since Friday morning, I have spent just about 2 hours in my apartment. Fucking cool.

So Friday was wild. I got home at about 9 a.m. Saturday morning. Partied till the break of dawn. (Sorry Jenn...No pics of Friday night.) I got home having had approximately 3-4 hours of sleep, but feeling great.

I packed my bag for B-more and my visit with Laura Lee and her partner in crime Sticki-Nikki, who together, are maybe the finest products to ever come out of Severna Park, MD. (They also, I noticed do that freaky twin stuff now. You know, like when twins finish each other's sentences and do the same movements at the same time, like dolphins jumping in the ocean, and don't realize the are doing it in sync. This is what living together has done to these two wonderful ladies.)

The drive itself was great. Had a great convo with Laura while I was on the way. Had a funny convo with Nicole (For those of you who don't know her, she is maybe the finest product to come out of Pittsburgh, PA) she is the best. Hahaha. There are a lot of similarities btwn Laura and my ex. Both are really witty, quick with a comeback, and would cut off their right arm for a good friend. Always there when you need them.They also take everything to heart.

I arrived at Laura and Nikki's place at about 3-4 o'clock. Rang the bell. No answer. They knew I was coming (well, maybe they thought I was just breathing heavy) where could they be? It was then that I heard voices (not in my head) coming from the back of the house. There were the two divas of the house, sitting on their deck, sweaty, sun kissed and staining the deck. I said "Sexy!" and the two of them were startled a bit. haha. I walked back around and in the front.

I came out back and we all caught up a little bit. It was at this point that they invited me to take off my clothes and help to stain the deck.Ha! I mean they invited me to help. So I got on some shorts and joined the party. Being 6 foot five and all torso, I was able to lean over the side and get the lowest parts of the deck beams. We had a great time talking and drinking beers in the sun. Laura asked me to recount for Nikki what she now refers to as "The Bridge Story".....

The Bridge-

In October of 2001, Nic, me and a group of friends all went down to Cancun for a week in the sun. It was a good time. We would do the typical vacay things. Drink, drink, swim. lay in the sun. etc, etc.

On day, Nic and I went on a tour of Tulum, while the rest of our group was touring Chichen Itza. We had been to Chichen Itza on our honeymoon, and frankly were dying to get away from everyone.

The tour included a trip to Xel Ha,what they call an ecological park, which I called just stupid. We got to Xel Ha and there was a big lagoon in the middle of the park which was teeming with tropical fish. You were welcome to go snorkeling in the lagoon. Which we did at one point.

No as most of you know, I am the worlds most active practical joker. I LOVE to fuck with people. Especially people I care about, but I will settle for a stranger if it will bring me amusement and I don't think that I will get killed. Nic and I were even worse together. She and I were like two combustible substances. We could, and did, fuck with people like we had earned a masters degree in it.

So around the edge of this lagoon, there bridges. The snorkelers could swim under the bridges to get to the other side of the lagoon, and pedestrians could stop and get a handful of fish food from the free vending machines, to throw into the water.They fish would go absolutely nuts when you tossed food in the water. Like the shark feeding time at the aquarium.

Nic and I were walking over one of these bridges, when I noticed what must have been a newlywed couple, snorkeling, hand in hand (awwwww how sickeningly cute) under the bridge we were standing on. Nic had the video camera. So I grabbed a bunch of fishfood and waited for the couple to come out on the other side of the bridge.

When they finally emerged, I tossed the fish food down, right on their backs. The fish went nuts! Like Pirannas on a cow! The water was bubbling like the swimming pool in gremlins when spike fell in at the end. So the woman starts to scream.....through her snorkel! "MMMMMMM! MFFFWAH! MAAAHHHMMMM! *gasp* WMMMWWMMMWW!"

It was maybe the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Well back to my weekend. We talked about relationships and life.How lucky I am to have the relationship with Nicole that I do. We talked a bit about the "lens of life" and how that feels.Laura wrote maybe the best comment I have ever received on this blog. I highly recommend reading it. Then Nikki decided her head wasn't pointy enough, so she went and got her $6 hat.



We the all went for a jog and tried to decide what to do that evening. It was at this point I had opportunity to fuck with Lindsay. We had to get in touch with her and I suggested I call her, on my phone because she doesn't know my number, and tell her I got her number off the bathroom wall. Laura, being her ever helpful and devious self suggested that I tell Linz that I met her at the "Sign of the Whale" (a bar I think) a few months ago. Laura said "You'll really see her squirm" It went down like this-

Linz-"hello?"
Tom-"Hi Lindsay. This is Yurick. We met at the Sign of the Whale a few months ago"
*uncomfortable silence as Lindsay(I assume) tries to remember who I could possibly be and decides to just go with it*
Lindsay-(in a chipper voice) "Hi! How are you?"
(she was really trying not to offend this poor sap whom she couldn't remember)
Tom-"how have you been. It's been a while"
Linz-"Good....you?"

I couldn't hold out anymore. I let her off the hook. God did I laugh hard though. Laura and I both did.

Afterwards, Nikki read me some of her horoscope book.She read me through my sign (Libra, for those of you who don't know) and then through the "love matches" myself and the women in my life. She read Taurus (Nic's sign) and at the end wouldn't read the last line "because it was sad". I had to verbally abuse her until she finally finished it by saying that it wouldn't work out. Well HELLO! I knew that. We decided on the Ramshead Tavern in downtown Annapolis. For those of you who have never been, Annapolis is a great little town to hang out in. Old and beautiful. Ramshead is definitely one of the crown jewels of that town. We proceeded to get loaded. Here's some Pics.




Nikki and Laura looks at Pics on Nikki's Phone


Severna Park's finest show those winning smiles!


Laura and I, looking inebriated, not knowing I had left my wallet on the table, leave the Ramshead to go make sweet, sweet monkey love. (oh wait a minute, that was in my dream.....and her nightmare. We only hung out! I swear. HAHAHAHA)

We got home and Laura and I had a convo on her deck. It was really nice. She is one of the best people I know. I think now that one really good thing that came out of my relationship with Heather is that I now get to count Laura among my friends. She is an amazing lady. It's funny how much our lives have paralleled one another's over the past year. We both separated from our spouses, fell in love again, got our hearts ground into pixie dust and are still standing! The guy who ends up with her is going to be very lucky indeed.

On Sunday, I went and bought a cheap guitar( because I am obsessive about playing guitar and writing songs now. It's a sickness folks) while Laura went out with her family.

When I got back to the house. Nikki and Brad (her B.F.) had gone out and locked the door so I couldn't get back in. I went around back and broke in my new classical guitar. I must have played for an hour ( I lose track of time when I play) and then got up for a walk. I looked down at my feet and saw this!




That's right......A four leaf fucking Clover!!!!! I will be going to the track as soon as possible! Now I know for sure my Ivory Coast money is going to come through for me. I couldn't believe it. Things are coming up Tommy folks!

So in closing. It was a great weekend. I am feeling so good about things right now, the direction that my life is headed in. I feel like things are coming together. It's funny how the things that I wanted least out of life are starting to seem like the things I needed most. I have no idea where I am going to end up. Who, if anyone, I am going to end up with or what I am going to be. Life is so good right now and I am loving who I am and the infinite possibilities ahead of me. People are giving me works of art. I am remembering how important my own music is to my life. I'm finding out that I am a hot commodity and people like being around me.

I would like to just say that Laura is, without a doubt, one of the finest people that I know. She was so nice to me this weekend. She actually gave me a compliment at one point (I am really bad with compliments. I can't take them well) which made me feel so good. She said something to the effect of "Don't you see how wonderful you are?". I think I blushed and said "Not usually". That made my weekend. Good feelings have been so few and far between for me lately. Nikki also said something to the effect of me giving her hope in men. I don't know about that. I can be a real handful in a relationship. Ask Nicole and Heather, both care about me, but are pretty glad to not have to date (or be married to) me anymore. Hahaha. Dating me is like being on your front porch during a thunderstorm. Exciting, exhilarating at times, but scary and at times too much.

On Monday morning, Nikki came into the living room and offered to tuck me in before she left for work (also, she looked damn good! I love seeing a woman dressed up getting ready for work.). I laughed and said thanks, but that I was okay. She then kissed her hand and slapped it onto my forehead. Loved that.

The fabulous Laura then came up from the basement in her red silk housecoat, gave me a crotch shot when she dropped her towel (kidding!). I then played her an acoustic version what ( and this is just a feeling) will be our wedding song. It was lovely. We both laughed and she was amazed that I knew all the lyrics. I Actually had to call Mike Vuolo the day before for a refresher on the second verse. He obliged. Good man Mike.

Before we left, we took this shot.Another thing about Double L and me....We never have a bad picture weekend together.

It's good to have good friends


6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dude...seriously...my ADD did not allow me to finish this post but I'm sure it was great!! Ha ha!!

8:02 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Now that I am looking at those pics, I am thinking that maybe Laura doesn't have bad pic weekends with me! She looks great and I look like a) that "Chunk" guy from Goonies in the first one and b)A dirtbag with a scar on his lip in the second

8:32 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Dude, that post is novel quality. I'll save you for first on my blog run tonight.

4:38 AM  
Blogger heather said...

dont make me come down there and beat you. you look great in both. very handsome and happy.

ps. EAT ;)

10:19 AM  
Blogger Laura Lee said...

I think ALL pictures of me are better when they are taken in the dark. Haha but thank you!!!

I had a great weekend too! Thank you so much for all your praise, jeez, you would think you birthed me yourself with the pride you have regarding thelauralee! Thanks! It was easy to have a good time with you. "Don't you see how wonderful you are?"

We need to get on Nikki top post the pics from her phone. I mean here we are in Ramshead looking like MAJOR LOSERS taking 400 pics of ourselves with our friggin phones...the fruits of our humiliation should be posted already!

Hey thanks for not outing Nikki and I for what we did in unison. Oh everyone...don’t get the wrong idea! It was a Neil Diamond ditty. We did a stint from "Money Talks" and then we did cascading hands at the "bump, bump, bump, bump" part. Opps! I outed myself!

Thanks for the snorkel story again--GD thats hilarious!

3:23 PM  
Blogger TD said...

That was one of the best ever Nic. We laughed so hard. hahaha. I'm a good boy now. You were just evil. LOL.

I would love to see the video of that trip. Especially Mikey V. with diarhea and hating life before having to go horseback riding in 100 degree heat. Hahahaha. The snorkelers were definately THE highlight though. Man, I oughta just post that trip in total on my blog.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home