Friday, June 24, 2005

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than die with the saints

I have been changing the signature on my blog with regularity. I 'm assuming that my regular readers have caught this. Most of them have been quotes or lines from songs. I'd like to invite you all to take a stab and guess where they are from.NO GOOGLING! Leave your guess with your comment.

I've been having a few health concerns lately. I had the followup to my May physical yesterday. They now want to put a heart monitor on me for 24 hours to find out why my ekg read like I had a heart attack.

This freaks me out a little bit. Heart problems run in my family. Both of my grandfathers died of heart issues.

Point is, I need to start taking better care of myself. This is an ongoing theme in my life. The drinking, partying, smoking and late nights need to get curtailed. For sure. I can't leave myself laying out on the floor anymore like a pair of stinky underpants.

I've tried just about everything that has ever been put in front of me. Taken many risks with myself and my safety...and have no regrets about it. My experiences have made me who I am and I am a pretty good guy.Full of life and fun. People generally like being around me. I can be a bastard for sure. When you take the good with the bad though, I usually come up on the plus side.

So if I were going to post a song of the day it might be "Only The Good Die Young"

But I ain't done yet.

4 Comments:

Blogger TD said...

Hmmmmm......you would have been right yesterday. I changed it this morning. You must have commented before it posted.

(for those of you that missed it, yesterday's signature was "I get up!And nothing gets me down." I figured I would start you off easy.

1:21 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Yeah. You got it. It think you lived with me for too long, and listened to way too much heavy metal in your teens. I am going to have to make these tougher in the future.

7:24 PM  
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Don't get freaked out. They did that to me once. I felt like a freak wearing the thing to work. After the whole experiment they cardiologist said to me, "You know, sometimes your heart beats funny."

Yes, I know that.

That was it. Well that, and however much they charged my insurance company for this enlightening piece of information.

10:26 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Thanks Whiz. I have to say that I am worried. The "old heart attack" thing got to me.

Dave, thanks for being so supportive and understanding. Bitch.

The problem is that I am so damn good at being so damn bad.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home