Saturday, August 06, 2005

God grant me the wisdo to accept the things that I cannot change.

That's right. The wisdo! Not the wisdom! Well, sort of. One of my sillier pet peeves has to do with graffiti. Now, I don't mind graffiti in the stalls of my nearest dive bar bathroom. Nor do I mind it all that much on the walls of my hometown. I grew up in NYC in the 70's and 80's. I remember when the subway cars looked like this



So graffiti was somthing I grew up with. Some of it, not including the lame tags done with magic marker, is really cool looking.

Now here is my pet peeve. It's when someone takes the time to write some graffiti, or apoem about sitting there broken hearted, or even worse, some racist b.s. and cannot spell! Or has no sense of design.

We've been doing lots of renovations on my store. While moving some cabinets, I found the following on one of them.



Now, come on! If you are in an art store, you should at least be able to fit "wisdom" onto a given space. Hahaha.

I just found it a bit comical given the subject matter. hope your weekend is going well. Off to poker night.

3 Comments:

Blogger WordWhiz said...

"Wisdo"
Ha, ha...that's pretty comica !

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make fun of my name again and I will be forced to bring some of my Philosophy down on your ass!!

11:35 AM  
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Wicked funny comment!!!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home