Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I am so great, I am so great!

I am not the most horoscopal person in the world (yes, I just coined a word), but I do enjoy reading them. I read Rob Brezny's "Free Will Astrology" every week without fail. You can find him in your local "cool" paper. You know, the Village Voice, etc. I don't run my life by it at all, but I do find it fun. I read mine, those of my close loved ones and I chuckle to myself.

I loved this weeks horoscope for my lovable libra ass. read it below:

It will be a good week to Google yourself, ask people pointblank to tell you how much they need you, and brag about yourself with extravagant gusto. In fact, Libra, you now have cosmic license to celebrate your glories in a hundred ways. Why not buy yourself special gifts, gaze into the mirror longer than usual, and yes, even make love with yourself? (If your religious beliefs regard the latter as a sin, simply touch yourself in unsinful ways.)

WOW! That is great! I mean, this horoscope for a man who will turn another year better on Sunday!?! Brag about yourself being the advice to a man whose ex-wife told him that his ego had reached an all time level with his posting of the picture that should have been at the top of the sistine chapel?!? (BTW she was teasing me, sort of)I am going to start right now.

Google searches-

Well In Dowd

Tom Dowd

Tommy Dowd

Thomas S. Dowd

Now for some things that are great about me.

I can be funny
I can be super depressing so everyone around me thinks their lives are better
Empathy is one of my talents
I can be one cold hearted business man
I can give advice like a motherfuck
I can NOT take advice like a motherfuck
I can piss off even the nicest people
I can calm down the most pissed off people and have them want to buy me dinner
I can claim my faults as good things
Boss? I'm a damn good one.
I was told today that I am always right
When I think I am right? I am often supercalafragalistically wrong!
I am wonderfully free sprited in my organizational skills (or, I am a damn fine slob!)
Apologizing is getting easier as I get older. (Practice makes perfect, and on this one? I am perfect)
I am a gloriously tiring, wonderful pain in the ass!
I look great in blue (it sets off my icey blue eyes)
My poor speeling is only ootdone bye my laziness wth the blooger speel-check.
Suits look great on me
The top shelf is never out of reach with a tall cool drink of water like me around
I will rock you like a hurricane
The game is self destruction. The master? Me!
I am finding that my life is getting better by the year, by the day, and by the moment.

Now that we have that out of the way, I am going to encourage all of you to write some of those deliciously wonderful thoughts you have about me.

Why do you like me?
Why do you read this blog?
The most wonderful quality about his Royal Dowdiness is....?

I know that you could post here in the comments. Feel free to do so. Those of you who feel compeled to extol my virtues on your own blogs have carte blanche to go ahead. If you are too busy to post a blog, saying all of those wonderful things about me, it's okay, don't worry, just give me a little link and go about your daily choresGo ahead...I am wonderful. My horoscope says so.

See ya'll later

(seriously though folks, I would love to hear one nice thing you have to say about me. I say that with the upmost humility.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

The nicest thing... Hmmm.... playing Barbies on the floor of my sunroom to appease my two daughters- ages 5 and 2. This was above and beyond...with never having met them before and only meeting me and my husband the previous night. "Our" cousin is lucky to have you in her life as well you her.

Was that what you were looking for?

11:29 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Julie, thank you! that put a great big smile on my face! I HAD to play Barbie.Jamie was so cute in asking.

I have to agree that I am lucky to have your cousin in my life. She's a wonderful woman. Her though? In keeping with my positivity, I am a magnificently tough pill to swallow at times. :)

Thanks again, I will make sure to practice my Barbie-ing skills for the next time I see you, jim, and the two little ones

11:48 PM  
Blogger S* said...

Hmmm...I like you for purely selfish reasons. You read my blog and comment. You make my friend happy, which makes me happy. OK, not all selfish...you have an interesting perspective, you're abnormally sincere, and you understand what it's like to be a former self-destructive person.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a no bullshit kinda guy.
You're a funny, intelligent (despite your lack of spelling talents) and true writer.
You tell it like it is.
You challenge.
You like yourself.

And you can write a post like this and NOT seem like an arrogant asshole.

Congrats, we like you, we really like you!!!

12:18 PM  
Blogger heather said...

you're yew-moruous and you dont pronounce the H in humor. you look great in a backwards jets hat and sweats with paint on them as well as a suit and tie. you find beauty in the smallest, usually unnoticed things. like some of us, you're an onion. you're one of the few guys who will admit it. you'll do whatever it takes to make someone feel good, even for just a minute. you use proper punctuation and grammatical form for even a casual email. you're poetic. you can throw back almost as many steamers as the master. you can be a man one moment and an incredibly fun juvenile the next.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. You're tall.

2. Crap, I've already forgotten what I was supposed to respond with for this one. (where the hell is that back button? and fer the luv of gawd, why does it have to reset everything I've already written?)

--2 minutes later--

Found the great Select, Copy, Back, Paste feature. Ahhh, technology. Luv it. Mean it.

Damn. Forgot the question while I typed that. *Doug sighs and raps his head against a wall*

3. See #1. So, you, like, have that going for you. Oh, and I find you funny, which, to quote some other really funny guy, is better to be than, you know, just breathing.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home