Monday, February 07, 2005

Some kind of Alien looks for the best of both worlds

Going to resign today. Nervous. Had a thought I wanted to share. I am listening to a copy of 5150 from Van Halen. For years I was firmly in the "Sammy Sucks" corner of the great VH debate, which is kinda dorky when I look at it written that way. So I'm listening and thinking that this may be one of the great rock albums. The lyrics are much better than the Dave stuff, which is very much party music. Maybe I am just growing up. hahaha.So many great songs. Why Can't This Be Love, Dreams,Best of Both Worlds, 5150, Summer Nights, Love Walks In, Get Up. I defy you to not sing along with at least 3 of those songs.
I saw two great concerts last year. First was Van Halen. It was magical. A great day, a great time and fantastic memory. I walked out a Van-Hagar fan. Fell in love that night really.
Second was The Cure. Good show also. It was at a festival and was a lot of fun. Just Like Heaven is an all time favorite song. About pure love and joy.
I took out my depression cd's for my ride to work and then changed my mind and took some VH also. Glad. VH always makes me feel just a little bit better.

Songs of the day-
Dreams
Best of Both Worlds
When it's love
Alone Again, Naturally

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home