Monday, May 02, 2005

Oliver Twist....or....Twisted like a Sister

I took my second yoga class today. I don't know if I mentioned that in a previous post. I would say that it is cool. Cool being the one word that I use to describe just about anything I enjoy. But this, I cannot. It is freakin' hot! It's bikram yoga. Which, for those of you who are not familiar with yoga, is when there is a heater in the room and it's about 100 degrees! I mean, there is just sweat pouring off of you.

After an hour and a half of twisting yourself, like a piece of dough about to be born again as a pretzel,like a 100 foot phone cord in a woman's kitchen or like the rope swing that you rode in the woods as a kid, unless of course you grew up in Queens, NYC in which case a better analogy would be, twist yourself like two shoes tied together and thrown over a telephone wire, even a hot shower feels like a cold splash of water.It also makes you post lots of run on sentences in your blog. The effects on your body are pretty amazing though. I think I may get as good a workout doing this as I did when I was practicing Tae Kwon Do. I imagine that if I were trying to lose weight (as opposed to gaining it, which is what I am trying to do right now) this would be an awesome way to do it. Also, the calming aspects of yoga are fantastic. It's concentration and meditation at the same time, which I find strange, yet nice.

In addition Yoga includes one of my favorite things, which is seeing sweaty women contorted into strange positions. I am usually concentrating on myself but during the breaks it is hard not to notice that there are some mighty fine women in the room. Thank god my mind has no time to drift. I am wearing biking shorts that leave little to the imagination. It would be bad to tent them during some god forsaken standing pose, getting ready to be twisted like George Michael singing about women, when the instructor is says "Tom....Hips out, spine back, breath........OMG did you bring a saber to class?!?" (I had to say saber, my manliness wouldn't allow me to type "Pen Knife" or "banana")

Well that is all for this twisted entry. I need to get ready for tonight. I am going out. Gotta get ready soon.

Songs of the day (just for fun, I encourage all of you to add your own songs on within the theme to your comments. Mine are obviously the two lame one's that we all know. It's my blog. I get to be lazy.)

The Twist-Chubby Checker
Twist and Shout-The Beatles

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Twist by Korn?

Dave, stop thinking so much about your brother's penis. Stop thinking about my brother's penis too, because I know you are.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Kelvin said...

i agree with Dave why do you own bike shorts?

Next, so you are surrounded by hot women that are all sweaty. Oh no your life how horrible.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
First time writer, long time reader, love the blog. I got it bookmarked.
I thought you'd like to see my information on Oliver Twist....or....Twisted like a Sister too.
My site is at yoga video clips

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home