Thursday, January 26, 2006

I have to admit it's getting better

Well folks, it's been one year since I first stepped foot in NC. Had no idea I would actually make a life here. Funny how that works out.

I came down here a year ago with the intention of getting a free trip to NC and doing right by my mentor. He asked me to interview and that was why I came. I tried as s I could to make this whole thing a no go.I figured that I would ask for the world and get rejected. Go back to my simple life.Live in the same town. Go out to the same places. Wrap myself in the security blanket of what I knew.

We all know how that worked out. Damn if my first days, and months here weren't some of the most difficult of my life.

Now though? I look back and KNOW that this was the best thing I have ever done for myself.

For some strange reason, my life has taken me to places I thought I would never be. Good things are happening at a frighteningly alarming rate. My mind is having a hard time keeping up with it all.

These last weeks have been the best period of good fortune that I have ever had! Go fucking figure. Now, I just need to get used to the idea of being happy. That is actually difficult for me. How strange is that?

I wanted more and I got it. Now what do I do?

One last note...I am a sucker for flattery and it will get you everywhere with me. For godsake, we are talking about me...the guy whose head is pasted onto The Creation of Adam just at the top of this page.Just a thought.

Peace out M-fers
More letters soon if you liked them.

6 Comments:

Blogger TD said...

Wow. The lyric was semi-intentional. That's what I get for only thinking of the chorus.

I don't beat my women anymore. Now that I'm single, the fact that all of the label on the soup cans are notfacing foward doesn't piss me off as much as it used to and I have no on e to blame but myself.

hahaha

8:58 AM  
Blogger TD said...

I never beat a woman. Just thought I would clarify.

8:59 AM  
Blogger TD said...

at least not one that didn't make me do it.

8:59 AM  
Blogger TD said...

Abuse is not a funny subject. I think it is reprehensible

9:00 AM  
Blogger M said...

It's always a shock when life clicks into place, eh?

So happy that things are going well for you oh Tom o' Mine. :-)

4:01 PM  
Blogger M said...

Ah, I see you found my secret blog. All is much better. Thanks. (the Maskless Dreamer)

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home