Friday, February 11, 2005

Show me whatcha like

Now that I have put in my resignation I am no longer very motivated at work. I can still have fun, but I guess bc of my decision, what I say doesn't really mean that much to anyone around there anymore, I am not really into it. I still have to go though. I wish that one days notice would be enough and was proper.
With that said, I feel like I have been pensive and upset lately. Just too much going on in my life.So in keeping with the music theme of my blog in recent days, I am going to get off of it and ask everyone to reply to the following question. What are the best live shows that you have been to? My top five, in no specific order, cept number 1.

Greatful Dead, Three Rivers Stadium, Pittsburgh PA,June 28th 1995 (I think)-Jerry Garcia's 2nd to last show. The second set was amazing, it poured rain and I was sure that the dead controlled the universe.
Kiss 1998? Madison Square Garden, NY,NY-Opening night of the reunion tour in NY.Awesome
Van Halen, Continental Airlines Arena, NJ, Summer 2004-The night I became a Sammy Fan
Faster Pussycat, L'mour Bklyn, NY, Dec 1989-One of the best club shows I have ever seen.
Kiss 1989? Nassau Collesium, NY- The night a cop caught me with my pants down tow hors after he told me and my friends to leave the area. Hahahaha. Ask and I will tell you, though I gurantee that it's not that exciting.

Later Gators

Song of the Day-
Blackout in the Red Room-Love/hate (hey I'm feeling it old school today. Nothing to read into. Just check it out. and underated metal band with an AC/DC vibe.)

1 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

in no specific order cept #1 (bc i want to be like you haha):

The Cure - July 2004, Randalls Isl., NYC - My all-time favorite group, and the first time I had ever seen them, remarkably. An unforgettable experience, the whole day.

Rolling Stones - Giants Stadium, NJ - 2003 (?) - an incredible show, so intense and they really played to the whole stadium, up close or in the cheap seats.

1995 Hfstival - always a great time these festivals from my high school days - saw: The Ramones, Juliana Hatfield, Better than Ezra, Bush, Primus, PJ Harvey, Soul Asylum, Courtney Love, Tony Bennett...

1994 Hfstival - Cracker, Toad The Wet Sprocket, Meat Puppets, Counting Crows, James, Violent Femmes (SO GOOD!)

1993 Hfstival - INXS (Micheal Hutchins had a strong stage presence, really drew you in), Iggy Pop, Ned's Automic Dustbin, Stereo MCs, Matthew Sweet (and have loved him ever since!)

ahhh those were the days...HFS fans check out my blog for more info on the station online...

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home