Thursday, February 17, 2005

The thinking ledge

I have had such a crazy couple of weeks. A lot of emotional upheaval and weird moments, Thusly, my blog has been the big ball of laughs that you have been reading, That is, if indeed there are folks reading this and I am not just typing into a void. I’m sure that all of you reading this are thinking “Tom? Pensive? Reminiscing? No way! That is too weird!” haha.
So the other day I left my parents house through my old bedroom window. When I was a kid, I did this all the time. It was also good for sneaking in at all hours of the night. Being six foot five and jumping fences in Queens my whole youth was good training. Jumping fences is the city equivalent to running in an open field for city kids. While you suburbanites had soccer and field hockey, we had street football (CAAAAARRRR!!!!) and Scully caps (I think that is the correct spelling). We played Ringaleevio (that one I have no idea about the spelling) and stoopball. I have no idea what suburban kids did. Anyhow, there I go again, reminisce, reminisce.
My room had this ledge under it. It is about 4'x4'. I started sitting out there every night praying when my cousin Brad got ill. I used to play my guitar and smoke cigarettes. It was my little spot. There is nothing like being up in the air, when you can’t sleep and listening to the breathless hush of four a.m. (thank you Jellyfish). Though my mom would yell at me about the fact that I was going to put holes in her roof by being up there. Despite her warnings, no leak ever sprung. So the other night I left the house that way. Good times. Though I thought that I might fall a pierce my skull on the wrought iron fence that lurks below the ledge, but here I am typing, not a prob.
I’ve been having a lot of my old trust issues resurfacing. I don’t really like that at all. I find that I tend to give things out only to feel betrayed. Not a good feeling. Been there before. Don’t like being there again. Trust is so hard to for me to give out. I really have maybe one friend in the world I trust implicitly. Thoughts on this anyone?
I am looking forward to getting to Raleigh. I think this is going to be an awesome move for me. I am going to be in charge. Which I know, once again, has you all in shock, saying “Tom wanting to be in charge?!? This blog entry is positively amazing!”
Kel and I were talking the other day about some of the old days. 1999-2000. Specifically about a certain science experiment that we did along with M.V.in my kitchen one night. I was going to type out the story, but am deciding against it. You were right Kel; I can’t make it not sound gay. Hahahaha. Also I would sound like a braggart. (“What?!? Tom being a braggart?!? Amazing!” Let me leave with a quote.

Kel:I think you’re projecting dude
Tom:I don’t know about that, I certainly project more than you”

Boy, that sounds gay. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. You were right Kel. Anyone else can ask me if you want the whole story. I will share.
Linz, if you’re hanging the weekend I leave, I still believe that I owe you one question bc of that shot at Blue and Gold. Damn I was sure I could beat you! I hate to lose! (I know, I know “Tom?!? Hate to lose!?! Holy Crap!?!”)
So in closing-
What was your “spot” growing up?
Favorite childhood game?
Finish this sentence (with something other than the obvious)- In the end the love you make, is equal to…..


Songs of the day:
Glutton of Sympathy-Jellyfish
Our Love Is Here To Stay-Ella Fitzgerald (From- The Complete Ella in Berlin: Mack the Knife [LIVE]
The theme from Rawhide-Blues Brother's Soundtrack (Rawhide!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Kelvin said...

Once, again. I will never forget that night with you, mike, angie, nic, and myslef. It will be forever burned in my memory as one of the best nights of my life. Thank you guys.

10:34 AM  
Blogger TD said...

hahahahahaha. I put little creedence into that coming from a man who has shown his ass to just about half the eastern seaboard. I considered deleting , but I'm gonna let it slide.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Kelvin said...

Dave, If you only knew the details. LOL

1:20 PM  
Blogger TD said...

This is sounding more homo-erotic by the moment. Someone, anyone, please comment on the scully caps, the ringaleevio, the street football, anything!!! Please save me. hahaha. I'm thinking maybe this should have been two posts.Or just one, leaving out that night. Rollin, rollin' rollin' lol (that one's fer you Kel

2:27 PM  
Blogger heather said...

ahhhh you rough and hardened city kids...oh, wait, that doesnt exactly steer clear of any homo-erotic references. my bad.

i'm sorry to hear about your trust issues resurfacing. whatever WHORE is causing that, well you should just bitch slap her a lil bit (you know, where the bruises dont show) and that'll fix her real good. i'm sure she'll agree everything's her fault and she deserves it.

i'm thinking saturday afternoon...you, me, dave, holly, some of your closest friends...ringaleevio on your street out front of your place.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Kelvin said...

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' keep this post a rollin' Roll NOW!!!!!!

"you, me, dave, holly, some of your closest friends"-- now if that's not an open door, then I don't know what is....

Tommy I can't make the party. :( But you know I'm there in spirit. Have fun without me and hang in the kitchen for old times sake.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Oh yeah, you lost, I am the yager bomb queen, just face it- bring on the question- you owe me and you owe me big, so get ready!! :)

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home