Friday, February 11, 2005

One Days Notice

Well, it looks as if my blog from this morning rang true. I am no longer in the employ of Kate's Paperie Ltd. They decided that I was moving to a direct competitor. haha. How art supplies competes with a foo-foo gift shop that sells paper also, I don't know, but they thought so. So I get a two week vacation of no work before I move to Raliegh. I probably should have realized something was up when my codes stopped working in the computer system yesterday afternoon. Being that they WERE ESSENTIAL TO ME DOING MY JOB. everyone seemed mystified.
Anyhow, I did get to work with some really nice cool people at Kates and was happy for the experience.I learned a bit more about business. I wish they could have let me knopw yesterday though. If only so I could have taken my time going down there to turn my keys in. Because I rushed so I wouldn't be late. lol.
I stopped by Toad Hall after being let go and helped Jeff (you'll see him in the pick on the right) and helped him set up the bar for the day. Jeff really helped me out this year. He let me train how to bartend at Toad Hall this past year, and has really helped me through alot of stuff. He did that again today. I invite everyone to sheck them out. You won't be sorry you did.It's a great spot and everyone there is freindly. One thing he reminded me of today, is that life doesn't need labels and you can't fight things that are destined to be.
I got my shoes shined on the way home. it's kinda like a manicure for men I decided. I stared at them like they were Sam Champion's Teeth (he does have some mystifyingly beautiful teeth unlike this person. I stared at them the whole way home. Thinking "My god.........they're glorious!"
So gonna chill and enjoy my new found couple weeks of freedom. Check you all out on the 19th.

2 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

thomas, what are those beautiful treasures wrapped around your feet??? ohhhhh!! they're your shiny black shoes! they're so blinding i could hardly tell. thought for sure "those must be a gift from god...wow..."

i will be sure to SHECK out toad hall real soon, it is a great place and it's been too long. ;)

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wondered where you went. Stupid Kate's. Enjoy your vacation.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home