Tuesday, March 01, 2005

A call for ball

I am on my way out. My second day at Jerry's was great. I noticed two things. 1)Everyone says "Y'all" and 2) everyone is really friendly. The first one cracks me up. I giggle a little bit every time I hear it. The weather was nice and sunny today. I'm really getting into the nuts and bolts of what needs to occur at this place for it to be a sucess. I'm also finding that I like the staff. It's quiet though. I must admit that the lack of traffic is a bit disturbing to me. I liken it to driving a NASCAR racer and taking a right off the track onto a side street with a speed limit of 35.

the title of this post refers to the fact that Dave has organized a fantasy baseball league. We need 10 people to play. We have seven. Any takers? I think it should be fun. I have never done this, nor am I really a baseball fan. But bragging rights would be cool, and you get to make fun of those whose asses you whip. Write me if interested.

So good notes.

I am going out tonight, by myself to shoot some pool and get some drinks. I cannot be holed up in this hotel room another night.

Rob from Toad Hall lives down here now and we're going to get together this weekend (provided I don't find myself in NYC, which is a possibility)

Mike told me that Raliegh (actually his wife told him this as I was bitching about Bo-Bo to him) was just rated the seventh best place for guys to meet women in the U.S. Top ten baby!YEAH!

I was told that I had nice eyes today ( nothing makes you feel good like a compliment from a perfect stranger.)

Women in N.C. mostly smell like fruit and honey (mind you , I am not taking a whiff of the customers when they walk up, that would be rude. You just can't help it. I have always liked nice perfume)

Song of the Day-
I do-Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians
Walking on Sunshine-Katrina and the waves
Something by K.C. and the Sunshine Band or G-Love and Special Sauce (to keep with the "and" genre)

FINAL REQUEST- I could use some blog loving from you out there in cyber world and hope that you will post some good comments. Name some other "and the" bands if you like. I need a laugh. Ooooh I know...

Question of the Day-If you were the leader of an "and the" band, what would it be called

Mine?

Happy T. and the Rebound Loverboys

later gators

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura Lee said...

Fatty Fats and the Fat Faties

(I'm having a bad hair day)

12:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Corn Fed and the Mudd Boggers

Of course Nicole would be my manager and be forced to tour with us to small town cites like Gaylord, Michigan-I swear it exists-that's where my boyfriend is from. Then, we get banned from The Silver Dollar Saloon in Lansing, Michigan for Nicole breaking a chair over some chick's back cause she called Nic a "Hillbilly". We would only do one tour and make 2 albums. The second one would flop cause Nic would tell me that country is out and I need a rock n roll twist. Then my drummer would go on an ectasy binge and run off to Aruba with Kelvin. Then I'd end up on "Whatever happened to?" telling all the deep dark secrets of life on the road with the Mudd Boggers and how my fifth husband left me for my bassist.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Hootie and the Blowfish...wait...taken. Umm... Dyslexic and the Stock Rars. Get it? It was supposed to be Rock Stars, but he's dyslexic...ha hah...yeah. Jokes are so much funnier when you have to explain them.

Anyways, I AM from Gaylord, Michigan, and first of all, we wouldn't let some freak show like the Mudd Boggers play in our town, b) FIFTH HUSBAND?, and 3) Kelvin is dating your drummer? I always thought something was going on there. Damn drummers.

9:23 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Brian, good to have you abord dude!I was just talking about you at work today. Someone there is from Michigan. "Yo, Eight Mile road is where the suburbs meet the gutter" hahaha. Gaylord?!?

11:42 PM  
Blogger TD said...

that being ABOARD! Shut up Nikki

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home