Friday, May 06, 2005

Has anyone seen this punk?

I don't know who hacked into my blogger account and typed in that uplifting blog entry last night, but if I find out who you are I am going to get you! That is messed up!

So in the interest of making this a little more fun, I have scanned in a picture of some long-haired punk circa 1991.






This kid was known for his love of rock-n-roll (please note the New York Dolls T-Shirt), stylish dress (please again see the New york Dolls T-shirt, cut down the sides to show off the 6'5", 189 lb. emaciated Rock and roll, Steven Tyler-on-coke-esque physique. Note on the dress, this same kid later owned a pair of pants with no sides to them. That's right, split up the side, which meant no underwear and they were skin tight! ) and boisterous behavior. He was, after all, a rockstar in his mind. hahahaha.

This Pic was taken on my friend Pete's front stoop sometime in 90 or 91.I don't tend to bust out the old pics, but I thought this was just hilarious. I encourage all others to post an old pic on their blog if they can. Hairdos, dress and fun.

Songs of the day-

In Keeping with the theme-

Skid Row-Makin' a Mess (HAHAHA, Those are some deep fucking lyrics!)
New York Dolls-Looking for a Kiss
Metallica-Jump in the Fi-Yah(Fire) (Can anyone please explain why I found this song so cool when I was 17? The riff is awesome, but what the hell do those lyrics mean?)
Poison-I Won't Forget You ("Every Rose" Would have been too easy. Not metioning a Poison song here would have been a travesty. This song, and these Lyrics are very "Song Of the Day" I think that this one holds up pretty well, as power ballads go)

I could go on forever with 80's and 90's metal songs. I don't listen to any of it anymore except for Van Halen. Well folks, that's all for now. Going to get ready for work. I only have an hour left. I really need to learn how to sleep in and use the snooze button more effectively. The punk you see above? He could sleep till 3 p.m. , and did on many occasions.

10 Comments:

Blogger TD said...

I think I can help you out here Dave. I will post one of you at age 10-12 from when we were in Disney World with the 'rents. Two Words: Biker Shorts

Hahaha!

8:36 AM  
Blogger TD said...

Oh shit! You made that your default Pic for posting on Blogger!?!?

You Suck.......It's on Bitch!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Holy shit! I was thinking to myself, okay, what band is that guy from? Dokken, Megadeth, Tesla, W.A.S.P, Warrant, Trixter, Cinderella, Type O' Negative, FasterPussycat, Life of Agony, Great White, Firehouse, Motorhead, Anthrax...no wait, that's freakin' Tom!! Haha, love the picture!!!

8:39 AM  
Blogger TD said...

Dave, you are gonna get it man! Thank god you have no embarassing pics of me. And hey, Angel Cash rocked CBGB's and many other shitty ass little clubs in NY and Lon Gisland (I meant to spell it that way peeps) as well as a garage in Ridgewood queens!

Linz, thanks. P-p-p-p-p-pussy-pussy-pussy-PUSSYCAT!

:)

9:01 AM  
Blogger Kelvin said...

Dude, Tommy was such a rockstar back then.

Smoking, Drugs, and a Bad Attitude. Now That is what a Metal Rock Star is about. Well that and the long hair.

9:31 AM  
Blogger TD said...

Kelvin, there is a correction that I need to make here. There was indeed smoking and a bad attitude, as well as copious amounts of beer, there were no drugs at that point. I never touched the stuff. Me and Mary Jane became friends in my twenties. I am about 18-19 in this pic.

10:12 AM  
Blogger TD said...

BTW Kel, that is an awesome pic of yourself!That's the kid I remember running around ridgewood in the early 80's!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Kelvin said...

I changed the pic into an older one. And hey love the uni-brow, and wax it monthly.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Laura Lee said...

That is frightening! I think you count as a hot redhead though. They are rare :)

Party on dude.

3:52 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Thanks LL. I think This may have been taken before I actually dies it red though. Now that's one pic that I would love to have. Me with auburn hair.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home