Sunday, May 08, 2005

Lazing on a Sunday afternoon

Well, I had the day off. Finally. I woke up at 10 am. That needs to be a record. I haven't slept int that late since god knows when. I decided to go for a ride this morning. I hopped in the car and started driving.

I went to a little coffee shop called Third Place in an area called five points. It's next to this great little pizza shop and surrounded by all kinds of antique dealers, health food places and the place I am going to try some more yoga this evening I think.



I sat and read the book I am in the middle of. "The Five People You Meet When You Go To Heaven". It's an interesting, and easy, light read. If you are in any reflective phase in your life I would recommend it.

I took a short walk around the hood. Tree lined streets, beautiful houses. A very nice neighborhood.

I got in the car with the intention of going home, but ended up getting on the highway. The first sign I saw said "Durham". Being that it was the only part of the "Triangle" that I haven't seen as of this morning (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill make up the triangle) I decided to give it a go. Boy is that place a shit hole. A nice shit hole, mind you, but a shit hole anyhow. Tons of boarded up stores. Not even an open convenience sotre in the area.

On the way there I stopped by a Harley Dealership. I checked out a couple cycles. I am now thinking about taking some lessons in riding. I am not sure that owning a bike is even for me. I would like to know how to ride one though. It felt pretty cool sitting on one. First step? Learn how to not kill myself immediately. Looked into it and am going to go by the local dealership tomorrow after breakfast with Pierre (a business contact, who was pleased with the limited French I spoke to him yesterday) and find out the specifics on the lessons.

I went to the Durham Arts Council building. It was pretty cool. It was full of Indians today, which is probably why all of the local convenience sotres were inconvieniently closed on this Sunday (ouch, that was bad! Hey, the crack would have been about the local chinese food restaurants if that's what I was looking for and the D.A.C. was full of Asians)There was some amazing art in the place. GD do I love that! Ellen Faircloth's stuff really affected me. I thought it was just phenomenal stuff.The one below took my breath away. WOW!




Pretty amazing huh?

So I cruised by Duke U. Interesting. Nice old campus. This town pales in comparison to Chapel Hill though. On my way home I stopped by the local state park (that's right folks LOCAL state park) and walked around for a bit. It was a beautiful day.

That's all I have right now. I am debating whether or not to post the "Wheat Thins" story. Going to pray on it for a bit. I also can't decide which pic to post next, me with even longer hair, in the Pittsburgh Hippie days, or me at my first gig when I was 14. Back in time or forward in time peeps? What do you think?

Well, off to go twist myself into a knot.
See Y'all later

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I think the long haired Tommy pics are funny, so that gets my vote. And I think you should grow your hair out again and definitely get a bike. Chick magnet. It worked for Bret Michaels, right? He got to have a go with Pam Anderson on film too, and not pay alimony or child support. Suck that, Tommy Lee...

11:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bret Michaels gets me wet.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Your assertion that you're not hitting on Tom isn't helped by that statement...

10:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Shut it Mike!!

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home