Saturday, July 30, 2005

Record, Rex-Kwon-Do, Record!

This was the weirdest 24 I have had in a while.

I broke the previous one day sales record for my store on Friday! Woo-hoo! This was not the all time record (I am going to grind that into dust this fall) but the record for this year so far. I was thrilled.

I followed up that great day by going by Alan's place for his house warming party. He got a keg of good beer. We all sat and drank and had a good time. It seemed like it was going to be a big sausage fest. Thankfully the ladies arrived. Whew. Even though I have no interest in dating, loving of bedding down anyone at this particular moment in time, I like being around women.Doug and Carrie showed up early. They are a really great couple. Meg, Jason's GF showed up later in the night and Little M and the two Amy's showed up later. My assistant, John, showed up and so did Joe. There were a bunch of guitars on hand and everyone started playing. Good times!

So, as most of you know, I am a Second Dan purple Belt in Tae Kwon Do. I don't use it much, but it is a good thing to know. Keeps trouble away. The problem is, that the training can kick in at a moments notice. I don't usually realize how ingrained in me it is, I don't really practice anymore. For instance, a month ago, when I went to visit Cox in VA, her friend ran up behind us and jumped on Erinn's back. Well, I heard her coming and as she jumped on Erinn, I reared back into strike position, scaring the shit out of her friend who was all of five-foot nothing.

I also have a mean, mama bear thing going on. For anyone in my life, but especially for women. When I used to walk at night in NYC, I used to always put myself between my GF's and the street and then would switch sides to place myself between them and any crazy people who were approaching.

Why is this important you ask? Well, last night, Doug and I were playing a song, I think it was Just Like Heaven, and we were in the middle of the solo portion when I noticed some guy had stumbled in his drunkenness, apparently, and Meg was trying to help him up...Or so I thought. I put down my guitar to help him up. Then I noticed that Meg was saying "Stop it" and pushed him back (he was on his knees). This all was happening very quickly. I then saw him grope her breasts. There was a look of distress on her face and I saw red. So I walked up behind the mother fucker, still on his knees, grabbed him by the face from over the top of his head, and nearly broke his punk ass in half as I slammed his head into the floor. He then had the balls to start throwing punches. He missed but nearly got me in the balls and I blocked another (mind you , he can't see because I am holding him down by his face). I picked him up by the face and rammed his head into the floor again, with more force this time . As I did this my left hand raised, almost on it's own, and not in a fist, but in a more forceful stabbing way. I was about to strike and Meg yells "TOM!" I snapped out of it. I was seriously about to hurt this little bitch. This all happened over a few moments. It was then that people grabbed him and got him out of the situation. Weird! I was so hyped up. Meg was funny afterwards though. She walked up and thanked me and said " I know who I want around when we got out drinking from now on. hahaha!

The party then continued. I just couldn't get back into the spirit though. All that energy, nowhere to go. It was like having a sneeze stop just shy of actually happening. I am glad that I didn't actually hurt anyone, but I was done. I hung out for a bit more, got more drunk, and then left the scene and went home.

I was hurtin' for certain this morning. Hungover, big time. Thank god my body clock works. In my drunkenness, I failed to set my alarm. I woke up at 9:10, having to get to work by 9:30. I scrambled to get there. Got there on time. No prob. The day was EXTREMELY busy. I had not a moments rest. All turned out well though. I broke this years sales records....AGAIN!

I am now on my way to Alan's place for poker night. Jason's already there. Gotta go. I finally have a day off tomorrow. Hurrah.

How are you?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have to really be careful about mixing drinking and defending. That could get dangerous!

What kind of store do you have?

7:41 AM  
Blogger TD said...

I'm not so much worried about that. I wasn't in danger of trying to figure out if I was bulletproof. Just making sure that a person I cared about was not going to get hurt or abused.

I work in art supplies. Not the most sexy job on the planet, but I have fun almost everyday and am around creative people.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Define "sexy job".
(I mean work, not the other thing!)

8:41 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Let's see, sexy job.Howbout being a marketing consultant for a multi milion dollar corporation, or how bout a job that affords me "real" weekends like most of the world.

Don't get me wrong, I like my job. I think that may put me in the minority out there. I sometimes just wish that I made more money and had to work less. hahaha.I think that statement puts me in the majority!

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home