Thursday, July 28, 2005

SLims...October...Fucking excited

Went down to Slim's tonight. This is the plac that Ala, Jason, Doug, david and I will be playing every friday in October, plus The Saturday before Halloween, PLUS October first (tentivly) for my birthday party! I am so excited! God ain't life grand somtimes?

For the first time in my life I am going to be playing my acoustic guitar live. Singing my songs, as well as a healthy dose of other people's tunes. I cannot wait! The owner, this guy Mike, was asll about it.

We will paint and play every Friday. For the Halloween party we are going to burn all the art in a big bonfire!

I am going to be playing a party again this weekend. That should be a blast! Alan is having his house warming party. Doug had come over the other night and we learned a bunch of new tunes including Ice, Ice baby and Never Tear Us Apart. Should be a great time.

My life is just chugging along on all cylinders right now. I get really down someitmes. For sure. Many of you know of the emotional upheaval that I have gone through pretty consistantly for the last year of my life. The last six months have been excruciating. I had my heart handed to me on a silver platter on Valentines day.Came to Raleigh with hope and wonderment, only to have it wrested away. Wanted to meet up with someone and was avoided, with good reason.Fucked up in big ways, with more than one person that I loved. I am far from perfect,but you know what? I don't care anymore.The people that love me? (and there are, surprisingly, a lot) Deal with my manic moods, my excentricities, and me being the boderline exasperating, party-mongering, self destroying, lovable, caring, emotional, prone to fucking up, son of a bitch I am.Everyone else in this life can go fuck themselves. No offense. I will smile at you and call you the asshole that you are in my mind.

Through all of the strife and hardship, the self hating moments, the manic days, like flowers pushing through the dirt, good things have been coming up for me. I am finally figuring out what I need in my life to be happy. not with some woman, not through someone else, but for me. Music makes me happy. Not for me, but because I get to share that joy with other people. Making others happy is my favorite activity.

So for all you bloggies who are down? It's all gonna get better. Sometimes you just need to look at the other side of things. It's not all that bad. Sometimes what seems a loss is really a gain. What seems a hardship is only a stepping stone.

For those of you who feel that you cannot comment here? I hope that will change. Come back! post a comment. I am a comment whore.hahaha. Really though. I am done living by any one else's rules but my own. It's time for me to shine. Single, available, not wanting to date, and laughing my ass off! So I am going to blog, comment, and do my thing. Anyone who has a problem with that can bite me.

Ya'll need to get your asses to Raleigh in October. It's gonna be one long party. Come on down. you can crash at my place. I will show you around the po-dunk town that I live in. Good-good-good-vibrations!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn Doll said...

I didn't know you played! Or did I? Anyhow, do you have any streaming audio floating around the net somewhere that I can check out? That would totally rule!

3:17 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Yeah, stream some of that acousta-goodness our way.....

11:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the gigs yo. Wish I could be there-but ya know-this not having a job and my not-so-rich military man and I are on a budget. ;(

ROCK ON!! \m/

4:15 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Acousta goodness huh? Thanks Linz. Good to see you around these parts again! Missed Ya! Your Bangkok post almost made me piss my pants!

Jenn, yes, I play, all the time. I don't have any audio floating around out there right now. Care to show me how to do it? I am sorely cpu inept.

Sadly the only two songs I have recorded right now are not my best work. They were recorded at the end of a three day, broken hearted, smoking and drinking bender. I get a little "Peter-Brady-ish" at times on them. I would be happy to post them if someone could show me how to do it though. Any takers?

Linz, LL has a copy of the songs. If they are not all packed away.

Rae, isn't Brian in the Airforce? Borrow a plane for a few days!

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home