Sunday, July 24, 2005

Wine,Widows-Lee-Roth,The Angel Moroni, Eating too fast and Ma-Fucking-Donna

Yesterday was a good day. As down as I have been, it was nice to have everything come together. I went by Alan's and hung out with him and Jason. We talked about poker night live in October. It really looks as if this is going to happen. I'm nervous but pretty excited. It seems that I need to start Ritchie Valens-ing it with Bertha. Every time I go over to Jason's or Alan's I end up having a Guitar thrust into my hands. It might as well be mine from now on.

Last night we had a blast. No art, all music. I busted out some really obscure tunes. Metal Health, We're not Gonna Take It, Get into the Groove (which had us rolling on the floor laughing by the end "Ma-fucking-Donna!), and a wide variety of other tunes that I haven't played in years. Just Like Heaven, Mama Said Knock You Out, American Girl and Learning to Fly have become some staples. Really just fun.

Meg came by for a bit (Meg is Jason's better half) and thanked me for the wine I had given her for her B-Day. William Hill Cab 2001. I was telling her about the two best bottles of wine that I ever had. The first was William Hill Cab 2000, which I shared with Nic at Bellato's in early '04.I drank it down and looked at Nic, we both thought it was amazing. The second was the bottle of Bordeaux I shared with Heather during our last day in Paris. That was some seriously great stuff. I can't remember the name and year of that Bordeux anymore, but I am glad that I have found William Hill. Even if it's not the same year.

Yesterday was a weird day at the store. John and I were talking about the Black Widow again. We finished throwing out the shelving units. It took us twice as long as on Friday though. As we now were inspecting each piece of wood separately and thoroughly before picking them up...not to mention dropping them if anything looked remotely like a spider.haha.

One thing about the Widow. I feel like my friend Mike Paone must have when he got to hang out with David Lee Roth at a club kid party a few years back. Mike was a metalhead, like me, when we were growing up. He then feel in with the Rave crowd and ends up rolling with Diamond Dave at this party. He calls all of his friends and tells them the next day. The typical response from his clubbing friends was "David Lee who?" or "Big Deal". He calls me and I was all excited. "THAT IS SO COOL!!!!!" When I tell my southern friends, they are not impressed. Northern friends like Brother Dave, Nic and Laura all couldn't believe it. So the Widow is my Diamond Dave....Bop Boozdie, boozdie bop.

This guy comes in to the store yesterday and wants to buy a lightbox. I am talking to him and finally it comes up that he went to Brigham Young University.I said "Oh, are you Mormon?". duh! Of course he was. Hel-lo! I related to him that I was reading a book called "Mormon America". He got a bit apprehensive. "What did you read?" haha. I guess he gets a lot of strange reactions when he tells people that he is Mormon. So we had this long convo about the book and religion. I told him I found the history of the religion fascinating, and that the book was non-judgmental. My only problem with the whole thing was that it keeps Chick-Fil-A from being open on Sunday. He didn't buy a lightbox. I'm hoping he doesn't send any missionaries to the store. It would be okay if they bought lightboxes though.

Thoughts on Harry Potter. I read that book so fast, it was like I was eating a meal. I am a notoriously fast eater. I could almost hear Nicole and Heather saying "Slow down and taste your food". I burned through it. The only person I have had to discuss it with is my one employee Kelly, to whom I want to sing the "Woody from Cheers" Kelly-Kelly-Kelly song all the time. I don't though. It's been done a million times to her. It would be like saying "G-L-O-R-I-A" to a woman with that name or saying "Yo Adrian" in the Rocky voice to an Adrian. So please, if you finish the book, let me know.

Finally, I find that for the first time in a long time I have no interest in dating, picking up, or getting laid. Strange huh? I guess I have finally figured out that I need to get some thing figured out first. (Did that sentence make any sense?)

Talk to Ya'll later

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Finally read it, tore through it on Saturday.... saw your im when I woke up this morning chief, I was sleeping, just left the computer on playing music...

11:32 AM  
Blogger TD said...

How fucking good is that book dude?
Shocking huh?

12:02 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I wasn't as surprised by the thing that shocked everyone else as much as some of the smaller character stuff. I loved the book, though it bugs me that the last few have been so episodic rather than standing on their own. Like the Star Wars prequels, they don't feel complete, but like chapters.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home