Sunday, July 10, 2005

The only Living Boy in Raleigh?

This is one of my all time favorite songs. The Only Living Boy in New York. Along with the entire "Dark Side of The Moon" album, it is also one of my depression songs. Nicole had actually banned me from listening to Dark Side for a few years. I just want to share the lyrics with all of you.

Tom, get your plane right on time.
I know your part'll go fine.
Fly down to Mexico.
Da-n-da-da-n-da-n-da-da and here I am,
The only living boy in New York.

I get the news I need on the weather report.
I can gather all the news I need on the weather report.
Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile.
Da-n-do-da-n-do-da-n-do here I am,
The only living boy in New York.
Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
And we don't know where.

Tom, get your plane right on time.
I know that you've been eager to fly now.
Hey let your honesty shine, shine, shine
Da-n-da-da-n-da-n-da-da
Like it shines on me.
The only living boy in New York,
The only living boy in New York.

I find myself feeling pretty down today. Feeling pretty all alone. That happens to me from time to time when I start following old patterns again.

I'm trying to make it on my own. Make my own way. Be happy for myself. It just doesn't come together. I have realized that I am on my own and I am not getting any visitors at anytime soon. Oh well.

The other day would have been my 10th anniversary with my wife. I was feeling down about it. Then, to make matters even better, I came home that night and recieved 2 wedding invitations for the next two months. Tom&Guest. Ugh. So now, I need to find a friggin date, or dates. I have no interest in being involved right now. I don't want to be the loser at the wedding with no one to dance with though.

I figure that at least I have the fact that I have heart trouble on my side. I probably have only, what? 20-30 more years to deal with this crap? I'll have to ask my mom how old my Grandad was when he died.

SO as you can see, I am glowingly happy today.

I am going to poker night (what I had named J'art. Which was a stupid name as one of my exes told me over and over) tonight. We set a time limit this time. So we won't be falling asleep in Jaz' studio at 4 a.m. We should have a good time. I am going to try to take some pics to post here.

WEll, Vegas...t-mius 2 days!


3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

LOVE that song!! Don't love hearing you so down though :( It's really hard trying to make it on your own and feeling so alone. If it makes you feel any better, I am going to two weddings this summer, both without a date. I know that doesn't really help any, but maybe it'll make you feel a teensy bit better knowing someone else is in your same shoes. Cheer up hon, Vegas is on it's way and I think it'll be just the medicine you need right now.

8:24 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Need a date? lol

1:42 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

You take the goods, you take the bads, you take them all and there you have the Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.

Don't ask why that song in particular came to mind, but it still seems appropriate.

You've had good days and bad days and you know you're not all alone, no matter what it feels like on the bad days. Vegas beckons, and I'm sure you'll feel refreshed after some hard earned debauchery.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home