Thursday, July 07, 2005

What happens there stays there

So I had a very bizarre convo about Las Vegas today with one of my exes. She told me to go to Vegas and have fun, get laid, but to keep it covered. HA! I could hardly believe it. "Excuse me?" was my reply. "Yeah, you should stick it to anything with a pulse" (paraphrasing of course). I cracked up. Weird to hear that from someone you were involved with. I guess things change.She was just telling me that everyone out there is on a tear for the most part, so it's easy to get some. Because it's easy to get some, keep it covered. Good advice. Yes Ma'am!" Either way I sure am looking forward to getting out there and experiencing Sin City in a big way. I figure it's a match made in heaven, or hell, as I am really good at sinning. They asked me to stop going to confession at church because it was taking too long. It's really disheartening to hear the priest (who is supposed to be non-judgmental) say "YOU DID WHAT?!?!?!?!" hehe.

So I realized today that I have 4 days till Vegas and I am not ready. I have no shorts, few dress pants and I don't know where to buy clothes in Raleigh. I have not shopped for them yet. Not a single stitch of new clothes have I purchased since I moved here in February.

I am going to get a haircut tonight. This is good. I have gotten a bit shaggy. Gonna tighten it up a little bit so I look my best when I get out there. I think I am going to keep some length though. Just for the sake of change. New me.

Anyhow, I figure I am going to hit the tables a little bit and then try to hook up with some fun on the dance floor. Get my groove on and laugh my ass off. Lord do I need it. I wish that I didn't have meetings everyday, but I suppose that is the price of admission for a free trip. It's kinda like those Florida timeshare vacations...you get to go, but you end up having to sit around bored a lot.

So as any regular readers know, I am Mr. High/Low. Up and down, round and round. Watch the emotions go. Where it stops nobody knows. Well today I did that again. Funny though. Driving home today I felt this freedom and calm wash over me. I don't know what it was. Thoughts of getting away. I guess it's just sometimes that as scared as I get of the future, it really is wide open. Infinite possibilities. I have my little wishes, and secret dreams. All in all though? I live by the seat of my pants. When I go with the flow, things go well with me. I just wish, once in a while, that the things I want most would turn up my way.

Well, I am off to get my haircut and then I am going to a party. Hope all is well with ya'll.

2 Comments:

Blogger WordWhiz said...

Hey, let me know how Vegas is. Never have been there, but we're planning a BloggerCon there in April 2006. (See my site for details about BLOGGERCON!) I'm pretty pscyhed!!

10:38 PM  
Blogger TD said...

I will. I hear there are some really fun places to go. I am already planning a few nights of debauchery!I'll let you know what I can. hahaha.

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home