Thursday, October 20, 2005

Something sorta like love

Hey everyone. I wanted to thank the bunch of you who have been propping me up for the last few days.It's in the hardest of times that you find out who the wonderful people in your life are. I've been lucky to gather some real gems around me during my short life.

For those of you who couldn't read between the lines, or somehow couldn't figure it out, I broke up with my wedding date, Heather. So Monday, I think I was literally suffering from a broken heart.That's what put me in the hospital, the stress of it all. Love is not supposed to put you in the hospital. I guess if we follow that line of thinking, then it just couldn't have been love, right? Just something sorta like it.

I had been putting off saying anything on this blog, hoping against hope in my heart that we could resolve this moment before we went public. Hahaha. I sound like a CEO or something. I guess I am CEO of W.I.D. Inc. She made the decision. Now, I am trying to get my stock back up.

Funny thing is? This time I didn't do anything wrong to screw this up. No shooting myself in the foot. No mistreatment. Nothing but love and support. I wasn't perfect, and I did screw it up in the past, this current go round though?Did it the way it should be done. My former wife, Nicole, who has been the biggest support to me in the world though this, was shocked when I mentioned some of the things that I had done during the course of my relationship with Heather. Saying things like "You did what?!?" and "You?!!!?". I guess I wasn't nearly as supportive of Nic in during our great times together, and Nic really deserved that from me. So If anything, that tells me that I did most things right, and, for the person who comes into my life and will really love and respect me, I will be damn good. Good catch. Just not for this one. Oh well. Dust off the pants, get back up and get walking.

My friends down here have been amazing. I actually have gotten hints at a few "set ups" already! Haha! I don't know that I am ready for that quite yet. It's nice to know that there are options though. Right now needs to be Tommy time.

With all of that said, I will be doing poker night live this Friday. Really, what better way to attract the chicks than on stage with a guitar in hand? It worked for Keith Richards, and he was one ugly motherfucker.I usually use Mic Jagger in the lady and musician analogy, but he doesn't play guitar. Think about it though, women love a man with a guitar. Not sure why, but it makes the average guy that much sexier. See Paulina Poriskova and that guy from The Cars (is it Rick something? Okasic? hmmm. Too lazy to google.)for a damn fine example, or can you say "Billy Joel and Christy Brinkley"?

Now that I am single I also get to use the old "I wrote this for the woman who broke my heart" line. Works like a charm.Play the heartfelt love song. Afterwards, watch the girls swoon and say "You must have really loved her" and then you say "Yeah, I did. It hurt when we broke up. I wanted to marry her and raise a family, she just didn't want me back.......Wanna make out? It would really help." "Okay, you dear sweet sensitive, misunderstood artist with a guitar in hand" HAHAHA.

So Jason, Doug and Jim are coming by tonight. We're going to practice a little bit. Get some songs together.This will be good for me. It gives me an excuse to clean up some more. I have been doing some serious nesting over the last four days. "Heather broke my heart, so I think I will leave this nub of a pizza crust here on my desk in one of these empty coffee cups which are scattered among the beer bottles and the ash tray and then take off my clothes, except for my boxers, right here and leave them in a two foot high pile next to my chair." ;) We're going to pick some songs and run through them. I may do some of my own. I still need to post the songs that I recorded before I moved down here. If anyone is willing to walk me through posting songs on the internet because I have no idea how to do so, please, contact me. Jenn, I know that you know how to do it. HELP! HELP ME!

Thanks Rae, Mom, Nic, Dave and Vuolo (M, not the N) for being there. I have really appreciated it. Also to the person who sent me the email and didn't post here on my blog, I wanted to thank you so much. The note really lifted my spirits(not yours Rae, but you were right, it did make me smile, big time). I know that we will both find our way. You are fantastic. Thanks.

Later Y'all

4 Comments:

Blogger WordWhiz said...

Gosh, Bandit, I had no idea. I've been crazy busy and not blog surfing much lately. I didn't know. I'm so sorry. I've been there...I guess we all have. It's so difficult. As trite as it sounds, it will get better and there IS someone out there for you. Glad to hear you're keeping busy and moving forward. I'm sorry to hear you were so devastated and I didn't even know. I feel like such a worthless blog-friend!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anytime babe!! And I meant it like call me, babe. LOL

2:34 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Thanks, both of you. I know that I am going to be golden! It just is tough when you are really in love with someone and do all you can...and it ends up meaning not much in the end.

All of us have given the trite "Mom" lines to our heartbroken friends over the years. I have myself.So no worries Whiz.

One person's trash is another person's treasure right? I just need someone that is going to treasure me. I'll have it someday.

And Babe? You really are great.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for filling in the blanks.

Pick some of your favorite tunes and turn them up loud. That should make you feel better.... guitarist like you should know that music heals.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home