Thursday, February 02, 2006

If I'm really comfortable with you, you get one.

Li-Li, Joey, Nic, Dave, Pig, Johnny, Kel, Ladybug, Kel (one guy Kel, one girl Kel), Stewie, Bobert, Dougie, Krissy (two of them, both women) , Gee, Jeffy(gotta call him), Mikey, Yoadrienne, Shantelawitz, Smiley,Avril,Meggers, Jay.

What are those? Those are the names of my close friends and people whom I am comfortable with. It's something that I do. If I like you. REALLY like you. You get a pet name. I do this with everyone I care about and everyone that I love.

The list of people whom have gotten names from me could go on for a while. There is not one person who I have cared about in my adult life that has not recieved a nickname from me.

I don't know if I have a real point here. Just food for thought.

People call me Tom, or Tommy. For the record, the only cool nickname I ever had was Rhino. I always wanted a cooler one. M.I.A. came close, but that was one my friends used briefly because of my penchant for dissapearing all the time.

Okay, point. I love big and become intimate with the important people in my life. Someone once said to me that they loved that. The fact that I did that without thinking and that I nicknamed them in a way that few had. I don't know if it is good, or bad, it just is. I want to give more people nicknames and want less people to give them back.

1 Comments:

Blogger TD said...

Wow. I don't think I will be using any of those to address my friends, but thanks for the comment

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home