Sunday, February 27, 2005

Final leg of the Journey

I decided to write one more entry before I head to Raleigh. I am on Laura's couch and want to take this opportunity to thank her from the bottom of my heart once again. She really was great to me this weekend. I do consider her a friend of mine. Seeing her in action is pretty amazing. Talking everyone she loves off a ledge all the time it seems, while dancing along the ledge herself. Very beautiful, very wise ,very kind...too apologetic(Sorry Lee, I had to! You're so great and no apolgies are nessesary. Love ya!).She can listen and has some great insights into people.

I added two more links to this blog. Sticky Nikki and Nicole. One I don't know one of them very well, met her last night for the first time. The second is my wife's blog...um, ex-wife? soon to be ex? um estranged wife? Lets just say my good freind Nicole whom I have known for a long time. Good blogs, check em out, leave a comment.Nikki is your full name Nicole also? Because I am thinking that it's weird to add two links to two people with the same name on the same day.

I am feeling pretty bummed this morning. Hating the thought of hitting the road. It feels so final. I don't even knowhow I got here. Everyone seems to think that this is a great thing for me. I guess we'll find out. I am doubting it at this very moment. Going to wait for Kelvin to get down here. Then I will continue on to Raleigh. Probably leave around ten.

So I am going to hit the road in a minute here. If you read this blog today and you are at all interested, give me a call on the cell phone. I have a six hour drive ahead of me and would love to talk to you. haha. Whoever you are.

Later Y'all

Songs of the day- I heard all of these on the trip to Raleigh and I didn't want to create a new post
Don't Stop Believing-Journey (Man this song brings back some memories)
Against All Odds-Phil Collins ( I need a copy of this song)

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura Lee said...

Tommy boy,

You just weren't going to leave me tearless were you? As soon as you walked out the door, I had a feeling you'd blogged. I could smell it (heh, heh...so immature). So, I popped on to check it out, as well as to make sure I didnt write anything totally obscene in my blog last night when I was under the influence...and Tom, THANK YOU!!! Really, that was so touching and insightful, what you wrote about me, not to mention, before you left this AM, we chatted about how I admire your attitude going into this 'big enchilada' with courage and conviction(you know I must relate everything to spanish food). Now, everyone can see...you are not disabled by fear, you are strong and intelligent and positive and loving and you are going to light up Raleigh the way you lit up NYC and even Baltimore (thank you by the way, it gets really shady round these parts).

I was happy to have some talks, some tea and some Yeunglings my friend. You are welcome at this lilly pad anytime.

Good luck kid...you're gonna do great! Call me if you're feeling a little "out on the ledge"...I have mad skills with coaxing you back inside while still managing to stay out on the ledge myself..mainly b/c I am a troubled soul but also, so that I can have a birdseye view of who else might be out on the ledge so I can pull them back in too. I'm like a alcoholic Mother Theresa really...)

Love you babe, hang in there...ledge partol on stand-by...

Laura

PS; now everyone tell Tom how proud you are of him...go on...tell him! Dont make me come out on the ledge and spank you! ;)

10:50 AM  
Blogger heather said...

well, proud just doesnt quite do my feelings justice, but i certainly am. pride, humility, awe, love, euphoria, ecstacy, friendship, bewilderment, optimism...all feelings for and from knowing a wonderful, strong man named tom.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home