Friday, February 18, 2005

"Get off the fucking phone.Seven days left.Time is precious."...OR...Good times, great oldies...OR..."Who brought the dog into the bar last night?"

Had a great night last night. Ton o' fun. I jetted around Manahatten a few times, uptown, downtown. My first order of business was to get a haircut, my last one from Suzy Q. Well, her name is actually just Suzy. She the little greek sparkplug who has been beating my head, I mean cutting my hair for the last 5 years. How's that for commitment folks? Suzy was rarely gentle and sometimes would actually forget things during her mad rush to get to the nexr head at Astor Hair. Hey, you get what you pay for for $13 bucks, You know what though? She Gave me a good haircut 9 times out of 10. It was just that sometimes I would feel like she was trying to shear my head off. I once had the experience of getting my haircut by Regina, who was nice, gentle and soft spoken, heck she even trimmed my eyebrows! I spent the next month trying to figure out how I could get to Regina without Suzy seeing me (the stylists will actually fight over clients there. Sorta like a barber cock-fight, Throw them in a pit and yell "TWO STYLIST ENTER! ONE STYLIST LEAVE!!!!). Alas I couldn't make it happen. I got one haircut in four months. So the next time I sat down Suzy said "How you doin bay-bay" (God I so wish I could type a greek accent) I told her "Okay" and meekly added "Suzy could you please trim my eyebrows?" . "Sho bay-bay. I do it when we almost done". So I guess time apart really helped our relationship. That is actually a real good analogy for so much that is going on in my life right now. haha.

So after getting my haircut, to which I went early to avoid the 5 o'clock rush, I had about an hour to spare to before I need to meet Jessica for dinner. So I went to a cooper Sq. Internet cafe. I just surfed for a bit. Two things. LL's blog i realized I neeed a translator to read. What with all the code names. I find myslf laughing and then reading a code and thinking "huh?". Now me saying "huh", with a look of confusion on my face is not an uncommon occurance, unfortunately. "Oim ah bid slo.Plead talhk mo cleely" (please read the preeceeding in your best, politically incorrect, deaf person speech with hand gestures. Thankfully, Heather hops online and I ask "Are you blay?" . I'm thinking BaY-lay (bailey) =Blay. haha. She proceeds to run down the Nick names (no pun intended Nick) for me. So Laura, I await the key for those who have not known you for so many years, but love the blog baby.hahaha. And thank you Heath for all the times you have cleared up these things. I'll also have you know that you got "Awwwww.....freak out" stuck in my head for the rest of the night.

Well, I got my ass to 31st and 6th Ave to meet up with Jessica. Talked to Nic on the phone. Red, her horse died yesterday. She was really broken up. She got him when she was about 5 years old. I got to ride him once when he was still fiesty. Trust me there is nothing more scary than being out on a horse,bareback, having just met your girlfriend's father 20 minutes previous. Now keep in mind that your girlfriends father is grilling you and is giving you that "Soooooo, you're the guy who wants to foul my little girl with your simian like body huh?" And he slaps the ass of the horse making it take off just after you climb on. Sucked. Really.

I then talked to my new/old boss about Raleigh for a few minutes. Excellent stuff. I am getting really excited. This year is going to be great! I am not going to bore you with work talk here.

Jess met me at about 7:15. (she's the second title today)She's getting married next month to Craig. I didn't catch his last name. I'll have to ask her. For the time being I am going to call him Craig McGillicutty, because I think that is fun. Ooooh, no, lets make it Ressica! Nah, McGillicutty it is. Though I didn't meet Craig yet, I did see the light in Jess' eyes when she talked about him. That was nice to see, though she has been stressed about work (another topic of convo), I could tell that this was one safe zone for her and that she is very much in love with this man. My personal feelings on marriage and relationships are cloudy right now. I still believe it both are good things. So, Mr. Mrs McGillicutty I salute you and wish you all the happiness in the world. Good Luck! And Jess, lets meet up again when we can round DOWN to a decade(and let me know the name, McGillicutty doesn't suit you. ha.

Next stop was, big shock, Toad Hall. For drinks with John and Lisa. This is where today's title came from. Lisa was on the phone with AliRu (hows that for code LL?) and I drunkenly shouted at her "Get off the phone Ali, yer cutting into my Lisa time". JJO, Li and I had some drinks, some shots and some good convo. She also talked with the light of love in her eyes. Lisa and I are good friends. It's funny how our lives have paralleled each others this year. There is something about love that changes a person. Makes you want more, strive for better than what you've had or what you've known. That makes you know that no matter what the future holds, going back to being who you werebefore that moment is no longer an option. The universe has opened up and let you glimpse what is possible. God I'm sappy.
So at about 11:30, with a glazed over look in my eyes, looked at both of them and said "I'm done. I gotta go". Which is funny bc they live upstairs from me. I left alone and stumbled home. I woke up this morning feeling not so hot. That's where the final blog title choice came from today. "Who brought the dog to the bar last night"...."what dog dude?"...."The one that took a crap in my mouth" God I love drinking. hahaha.

Later all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home