Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Show me your bad-ass face y'all!

This post was originally slated for Oct. 21st. Got together with Doug, Jason and Meg tonight. I have to say that I have been so lucky in the friends that I have made since I have moved to North Carolina. Here's a few pics of the folks I have been hanging with. I am really lucky to have such great friends. So a little background on these pics. Bob, Tara, Jason, Meg, Doug, Keri, Susan, Treutt, Amy, and I went to Sunset Beach, NC together. I headed down late Friday night for one of the best parties I have been to in my life. I grabbed the camera at one point and took pics of everyone. Before I took every pic, I said to everyone "Show me your badass face, this was the results. The one above is my attempt. I am not very good at the self takers. Jason. Mr. Cool . The ringleader and the man. I mean, come on, He is actually pullin that hat off and not looking like a hick! He's also one of the most talented artists I have ever met. Jason also sings some mean renditions of your favorite songs. The unstoppable Meg. Jason's better half. She also gets along with Jason's friend "Mary" very well. (inside joke) . Meg is mama bear, the one that takes care of ya. One of the dearest sweetest ladies on this planet. She asked me to turn off Morphine at an impromptu party at my place because I had told her that I can't listen to them (one of my all time favs) when I am depressed. Amy looking tough as nails, cool as ice and nice as hell. When I arrived at the Sunset Beach house I gave Amy a big ol' hug. I then shifted my attention inside the house and walked. I am told that Amy promptly fell. She was either tipsy as all hell, or just swooned under the blanket of fire which are my hugs. Doug himself. A man whose nipples are probably calloused after the weekend in Sunset Beach. He sings in a bad ass, funny as all shit be damned voice and plays guitar like a bat out of hell. He and I usually partner on tunes and we'll be doing it live this Friday! Keri. Doug's much better half (sorry Doug, I had to). She made some killer grub for the beach, which Doug got all the credit for. God that stuff was great. She also does the best accompaniment to Tom Petty's "American Girl" that you will ever have the pleasure of seeing. Bob. Bob is the master motivator ("Okay, everyone, get out"), and is an artist at reading folks.He once read a girl I was with like a book one night when we were out. This was his bad ass face?!? Bob had a great weekend and asked everyone to touch his belly. The unstoppable Tara, who makes up a matching pair with Bob. Outrageous and awesome, Tara celebrated her B-day with me that same weekend. Arg Matey's It be Susan! Susan is married to Truet, whose name I am not sure I spelled right. The are hosting a big Halloween bash This Saturday. I need to get my costume together.
Truet slept a lot that weekend. At least he slept during the biggest partying moments I was there for. He did go boating with me for about half a second. These were the only pics I didn't take of this group. Susan brought the camera in to the bedroom and told him to give her his bad ass face. I think his second attempt was somewhat better.

So there you have it folks. The crowd I run with, from one of the best weekends I have ever had. I couldn't have hoped for a better group of folks to share it with. By Sunday, I found myself wishing for next year.
Hope all is well with all of you. Be good.

5 Comments:

Blogger WordWhiz said...

Cool photos. Glad you're having fun hanging with friends.

6:43 AM  
Blogger TD said...

I'm a lucky guy Whiz, in so many ways. That was a great weekend, and those are some great folks you're seeing there.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave's commentreminds o many of my 8th graders thinking.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From that angle we can see right up your nose...

I'd suggest you not attempt that bad ass look again, Tom.

9:53 AM  
Blogger TD said...

So true. I had one other bad ass pic. It had me, doing one of my normal mouth open and crazy looks. Jason was in the pic with me, as was my wedding date. Since I do not have photoshop, I decided to go with the solo shot.

At least I blew my nose before hand.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home