Sunday, October 23, 2005

SPOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!

Hey all, I have another episode of "The Best Of Well In Dowd" coming up in the next few days.If anyone feels like pouring through my archives and letting me know of any postings that you think I should use for B.O.W.I.D. ,please let me know. I actually have about 4 posts waiting in the gate right now. These include some pics of the great friends that I have made down here in NC (No Meg, no drunken NY Jets foam hat and Hulk hands drunken posturing), the tag that K hit me with and the aforementioned Best of Well in Dowd 2-Electric Boogaloo. I have had a great week and a great weekend. I mean, the whole broken hearted, yet again, part sucked, but everything else, as always, coming up Tommy!

Two impromptu parties at my place on Thursday and Friday night were fun as hell. Friday I stayed up till 6 a.m. (that would count as Saturday then wouldn't it?) and had a great conversation. Imagine my surprise when I thought to myself "Man it must be around 3 a.m. we should go to sleep." only to find that my body clock had shut down around the time that I opened another great bottle of wine.

So the title of this blog refers to The Tick animated series. A few years back I inherited an almost full collection of Tick cartoons. 30 episodes. I once watched them all in one sitting while partying a little to hard with something that might make one feel comfortable watching 30 episodes of a cartoon in one sitting beginning at 12 a.m. Kel should remember that one.

"Spoon" was what the Tick chose as his battle cry. Much like The Thing from the Fantastic Four yelling "It's Clobbering Time!" or the Hulk's famous "HUUUULLLK SMAAAASH!" (which by the way, my Hulk Hands say when you hit them together).

This morning I woke up thinking about that. Spoon, or spooning really. I think one of the things that I really love in this world is laying with someone and spooning. Feeling the rise and fall of the person you are holding's chest. Hearts lined up and beating in one rhythm. There are many things that relax me and make me feel good about life, but that one does it for me in a big way. I like going to sleep that way. Have for years. It calms me. Spooning, no matter how bad things may seem in my life at the time, seems to melt away all the hurt, makes the pain seem distant, and helps the world to make sense for a moment in the craziest and most unsure of times.

Just thinking about it. Before I look like too much of the sensitive arteest, I would like to remind people that what I love more than spooning is banging chicks, driving fast cars, watching football and farting with abandon.

Later Y'all

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's right, HIDE that sensitive side of yours... women don't want that anyways! Just see my FFF entry this week - proof beyond the shadow of doubt...

spoon

spoonful of sugar

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice recovery at the end there, pah. "...farting with abandon" is quite manly and is a direct contradiction of spooning... unless you enjoy farting with abandon while spooning, which, I suppose, is something that would be easily done, and if you're not the spoonee, easily concealed.

I love The Tick. I need to borrow that from you some time.

"Not in the face, not in the face!" -Arthur

7:40 PM  
Blogger S* said...

Ahhh...Best of Well in Dowd 2-Electric Boogaloo. Breakin' 2, one of the best sequels ever made. Top quality acting. I had a crush on Turbo, fugly face, jheri curls and all.

But I'm sure this comment won't even make it online. I never stay mad at people, but some people like to stay mad. Being mad is a waste of energy.

1:39 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Shasterisk, no worries. I am not mad at you. I'm going to leave this post up. We were arguing for the same reason, same cause. You are welcome here.

I stopped holding on to anger years ago. It's not worth it.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home