Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Flowers in November



I took these pics on my walk home this morning. The longer I am down here in Raleigh, the more I appreciate the climate. I am really looking foward to Jan/Feb. No more NYC winters! It has been pushing 80 a few days this week and has been sunny and bright.



For those of you who don't know me, I am big on flowers. I love giving them to people, I love growing them and taking care of them.I had a garden back in Queens that I cultivated over a number of years. Stargazer lilies are by far my favorite flower. They shine brightly and then burn out fast.

I've been amazed with the fact that flowers are still in bloom down here since a friend pointed that out to me one morning.

So, flowers in November folks. The trees are just starting to change, leaves are falling and things are looking good.

BTW, looking at being back in NYC sometime this month. Plane fare is expensive so it may not happen,if I will be in town I will post here and shoot off a note.

ALSO-I need a fucking vacation!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have three amarylis blossoms in our yard and 6 tomatoes still growing. We cut back the swiss chard tow weeks ago and it is up to 7 inches now. Temps in the 60 -70. Yeah NYC.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom, I think I hate you.
Our forecast is for snow flurries.

The flowers are dead and gone, baby...

And what do you mean you need a vacation? You've been partying non-stop for weeks now!

Vacation... me too.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

80 degrees = Me freaking out. Too hot for Jenn.

Aww, you like giving flowers. That's so sweet. That's the only time I want them. When it's because the person giving them wants and likes to.

10:16 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Jenn, come to Raleigh, I'll pick you some. Why did I think that New Mexico was warm? I mean, I know it is beautiful (well I have heard). Giving flowers is a great thing to do. I'm looking foward to the day that I meet someone who appreciates it.

K, I have been partying, but most of it has been in the "Let me party so I forget everything" variety. So yeah, vacation. Tomorrow I will have worked 10 days straight with now end in sight (I am hoping for next Monday but I may have to give my assistants off before me). I want to go somewhere warm with historical landmarks and chill on the beach except when I am seeing those landmarks.

Mom, I hate tomato plants and don't miss NYC anymore. Lets talk in February. I was down here Marcxh 1st and was standing outside barefoot.

10:39 PM  
Blogger M said...

Very nice. My climing rose is still flowering here in H-town too.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home