Sunday, February 05, 2006

Robin, hand me the pussy repellent Bat-spray!

Congrats to Mr. Big-chin Bill Cowher and his Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers. Ten Years ago I was living in the 'burgh when the team went to the bowl. Pretty cool to see them win tonight. Let me tell you, it is a great night in Steel town. Ten years ago when the Steelers lost, that town was ridiculously upset. There was not a happy face in the town the next day.Pretty awful shit.

Me, I am still waiting to win my championship. Unfortunately, my team is in a rebuilding phase. Need a lot of things to fall into place before I can lift the trophy. I'm not so much talking about the Jets, who suck, and football here, but about my life and myself.

If you had only asked me in the fall what it took to make me happy, what I wanted, who I wanted those things with, I would have been able to tell you with little hesitation. X.Y.Z. there you have it. Nuff Said.

Now, I am not so sure. I am pretty sure that I have spent the last couple months floundering through the swimming pool full of pudding that has been my life. Not only that, but my answer in the fall would have been dead wrong.

I have been down. Nothing new...I've been down before.I know it never lasts with me. Every time I get down, life has a way of placing something new under my nose to keep me from being there too long. Hell, I haven't spent a real week without the prospect of love and affection in two plus years and then another 8 years before that. That doesn't make things good though.

What is it about me, women and relationships that gets me to this point? I get outstanding offers with pretty good regularity as far as the opposite sex is concerned. For the first time in my life I am totally not interested. Well...not totally. I am a guy.The urge is still there. Just the need is not.

With that said, I have decided to grow a beard. I am sure this will act like Pussy repellent Bat-Spray which Adam West would have used on Eartha Kitt.

Now many of you might say "Tom, you don't need to grow a beard, just be yourself, that is pussy repellent enough." NAY I say! I am going to grow a beard, live like a hermit and have Lynch paint me as a pharaoh with a feather for a penis. This is actually happening folks. If it were anyone but Lynch, and you would understand if you met him, painting it, I would be offended. Lynch actually put it as "An arrogant pharaoh with a feather for a penis". Lynch is the litmus. Can you hang? He could be thirty, could be ninety, could be homelss, but he's not. He's Lynch.

In other artistic endeavors, I have been writing a whole hell of a lot. Mainly songs for a CD I am hoping to record this year. Been trying to write one complete song per week. Being that I have a whole lot of pain to tap into, and that nothing gets me writing like heartache and unrequited love, it's been going very well.

Lastly, I am now art. My friend David is an incredible video artist. He directed and edited the television commercials I was in late last year. He invited me to take part in a piece that he is creating called "Danger Music". It's a tribute to Dick Higgins. The piece that I am in is called "Danger Music #2". Rae has a chance to go see this piece , as it is currently showing in Nebraska (whose motto I believe is "More popular, with more happening, than Wyoming") at the Bemis Gallery. The piece got a cool write up here. It is intense and will be showing in it entirety in NC next month.I invite everyone to visit Rachel's Blog, wish her congratulations on her pending nuptials and tell her to go see the show.

With that said, I am going to try to use my new digital camera to record my beard progress.Be warned though, I usual get about aweek into this process when I hate the beard and shave it off. Have a great day all! I have Monday off!

1 Comments:

Blogger KateOnTheGo said...

Warning - Female Confusion About To Be Expressed

Why is it that when men go through a "i'm over woman"/"i've been hurt"/"i need time alone"/"i need to focus on something else" (or all of the above) phase, they grow beards?

Is it because they think that is will be an immediate turn off for a woman?

Is it a control thing?

Does a beard act as some kind of protector?

*kate scratches her head in confusion*

Weird creatures, you lot are.

:)

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home