Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The cleansing fire

Hey all. I am chilling at the Ridgewood, Queens Dowd homestead. So with nothing else to do, I figured I would write a post.

First off, the 7 hour trip to NYC from NC took me 10 goddamned hours. I was doing great until I hit Maryland. Fucking state took me forever to get through. Traffic, etc. Let's be honest, Maryland is the candy coating around our nation's capital. I believe that without D.C. right there, my trip would have been a breeze. Ridiculous. I really thought that much like a Labyrinth, Maryland just did not want to let me leave. It was intent on keeping me there for the rest of time.

[Any dispariging of MD which upset any of my Edgar Allen Poe state readers should please be excused. It took me a long time to get through your state and I am a bit peturbed]

I got to NYC unscathed. It's FUCKING COLD!!!!! COLD!!!! Got to be in the 40's! I have been living in a place where last week I walked outside barefoot! This sucks! I decided I will not be leaving the house for the balance of my stay here. Unless of course I can get one of those zero temperature suits that they wore in that movie about global warming last year. What was that called? The last day on earth or something?

I got to see some really great old friends last night. It was nice. We brought each other up to speed on our lives. Had discussions about our various heartaches and triumphs. Brother Dave was around and we all had a great time. We all played a video game which was essentially a word search with explosions when you got something right, when you reached the end of the level, flames wiped out the remaining letters and it started anew. The cleansing fire as Dave refered to it.

So I wanted to leave you with this crude thought, heard from an old female friend. "New pussy can really help you get over old pussy". It's amazing how very true that statement is. I don't know if it works quite as wwell in reverse (for women) though I do expect that it helps somewhat. I think for guys, getting laid has a way of making it all better. Kind of like any drug though. You can forget your troubles for a little while. Damn if there isn't a little bounce in your step, a smile on your face and a damn good feeling that goes along with that post coital afterglow (or is all of that the post coital afterglow?)

Now I feel a bit strange posting anything about eating turkey.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be glad you're not further north... it was 25 fucking degrees this morning... north of the border.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just so you know-it was like 13 degrees in Michigan and the first day we were there we got like 4 inches of snow. My brothers went to our cabin in the "UP" and they got 16 inches of snow. I stocked up on Bear Chops and Venison to get me through the winter!! Sorry I didn't call but I hope you had a good Turkey Day!!

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rae... do I know you?
What you described is awfully close to home...

7:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Real me= where do you live?

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Used to live in Northern Michigan...
The venison mention brought flashbacks!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home