Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Commonalities

com·mon·al·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (km-nl-t)
n. pl. com·mon·al·i·ties

1. The possession, along with another or others, of a certain attribute or set of attributes: a political movement's commonality of purpose.

2. A shared feature or attribute.

Well this is not the housewarming party update that I am going to do, nor is it the boring "Year in Review" that I will be doing at some point in the near future.

This is about common threads. I've been a very lucky person in my life as it regards true, deep, meaningful relationships. Not that I have been sucessful thoughout them, just that I have had more than one.

All of the women whom I have ever een involved with have had one common thread. Each and everyone of them holding one particular thing in common. I've often wondered what it was about me that brought these people into my life. Once is usual, not shocking. Twice is a coincedence. Three times, a trend. Once you get to number four and five...well, what can you do?

Is it something in me that gravitates me towards these people? Something in them that gravitates them towards me? What can fuck your world pretty good is when someone says to you that you share the commonality, the thread and you see that they might be right, no matter how much you want it to be otherwise.

How many of us do this? Gravitate towards a commonality? A common thread? Should you try to buck the trend? Give in? Run? Maybe it is just life having us stumble towards destiny. Training. Not sure. If any of you have the answer, please comment.

I will be here on Christmas, so feel free to call or write me if you have a spare moment. I plan on setting up my new aquarium on x-mas day. (I'll explain later). I will be dog and bunny sitting this weekend. I invite anyone that has a domesticated,descented skunk to give me a call. I'll watch the fucker for the holidays.

In other news. The Yankees have signed Johnny Damon. My buddy Doug loves the Sox. (I know. He can't help it though. I am trying to bring him over to the good side.) I took much glee in the fact that the best leadoff hitter in baseball now plays for my hometown team. I am also glad that I no longer live in NYC. That place has got to suck with the MTA on strike. I know that I would not be going to work were I there. Oh shit...now I wish I was.

Later Ya'll

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The workers do havae a point. They aren't as dumb as teachers and the others who waited 21/2 years for the city to begin to negotiate. Bloomberg has a nasty mouth and vilifies them. The city too is doing illegal things. I hope they force the city to be fair.

5:34 AM  
Blogger TD said...

I find it funny that you said the teachers are dumb. Shouldn't they be the smart ones?

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damon/caveman will be great with the Yanks!

Common thread, repeating mistakes, patterns, habits...
Yeah, lots of us do it. We're drawn to the same types of people/situations because we either
A) don't know how to break the pattern (if it't bad for us) or
B) don't want to!

Patters aren't necessarily a bad thing... you have to decide for yourself.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This can't be Tom Dowd from Lost Dog, can it? The best sleaze in town! :-)

9:58 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Hahahaha. Best sleaze!?! What? I have no idea what you're talking about.

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home